PDA

View Full Version : My complaints/compliments 750Li:

BMR2009
11-05-2009, 05:51 AM
COMPLAINTS::thumbdwn:

1. Stereo is not up to snuff. I have the upgraded unit and it doesn't even come close to my LS460L's stereo. This is a REAL disappointment.:(

2. No self-folding mirrors. This is just retarded for a car that costs $100k. These have been out for more than a decade and have proven themselves to be a worthy option.:tsk:

3. HESITATION!!!!! Oh my, this is going to take some serious getting used to. I've seen others complain about this on the forum. I'm hear to tell you I feel like I'm trying to push a drunk buddy through a doorway. The lag is so obvious that you'd have to be dead not to notice it. Put your foot in it constantly, and the problem goes away, but so does your gas! :yawn:

4. My TV monitor framing in the back does not match the leather making it look like an after market add-on. Asaseaban's match---looks killer, and custom. Small gripe, but a peeve nonetheless.

5. Rim choices really kind of suck. Sure you can pay 6 more for upgrades, but you shouldn't have to. Fire the wheel guy at BMW. :rolleyes:

6. Side-view mirrors; waaaaaay too small for a car this size. I can't see half of what I need to see when changing lanes. I would really like to see bigger mirrors.

COMPLIMENTS::thumbup:

1. Incredible finish on the car; paint, leather, plastic, it all is flawless and not only do I notice, but others do to.:cool:

2. Horsepower is substantial, and will kick you in the ass at will (barring my hesitation complaint).:)

3. Nav--huge improvement over the last unit.;)

4. Seats are reallllllllllllllllllly comfortable.:)

5. Controls are where you need them--very well thought-out placement.:)

More to come...

hayden
11-05-2009, 07:20 AM
I agree with all that. Especially complaint #1. I can't imagine what the non-premium stereo sounds like!

esk
11-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I agree with all that. Especially complaint #1. I can't imagine what the non-premium stereo sounds like!

It sucks! I'm a big talk radio guy and didn't feel the need to upgrade the standard system. What a disappointment.:thumbdwn:

bruno787
11-06-2009, 03:52 AM

i have the standard audio (not logic7) and its horrible!!!! i cannot set the treble and bass right.

kevingill
11-07-2009, 06:31 AM
does anyone get a whiny hissing noise from dash after starting car. i get the noise for about 3 mins

BMR2009
11-07-2009, 06:44 AM
No, nothing at all.