PDA

View Full Version : Voice Command Module

desiguyincali
09-18-2003, 11:31 AM
The BMW BT kit sold in USA comes with the integerated Voice Command Module. I was just wondering what all can we control using the Voice Command in the car. Is there any document anywhere on the net i can refer to regarding the NAV /Phone/Notepad voice commands. Has anyone used it and how good is it?

Alex Baumann
09-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Phone and notepad is working great.

NAV command is very limited. You can change the scale, search gas stations, parking places, hotels, restaurants etc. But you can't spell or enter destinations.

The next generation Voice Command (which is supposed to come on the E60) will understand about 2000-3000 commands.

desiguyincali
09-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks Alex for the responce. What all phone voice commands does the system understand. Like can we jsut ask it to dial number 1-800-555-1212 or redial a number or ask it for a list of last dialed number or missed call ?
Once again thanks a lot for all your responces

Alex Baumann
09-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Thanks Alex for the responce. What all phone voice commands does the system understand. Like can we jsut ask it to dial number 1-800-555-1212 or redial a number or ask it for a list of last dialed number or missed call ?
Once again thanks a lot for all your responces

You can tell it to dial that number buy speaking the numbers one by one or in blocks (like 1-8-0-0 / 5-5-5 / 1-2-1-2). I haven't used the redial function yet (for I use the phone book of my cell phone).