PDA

View Full Version : How does everybody have their EQ and treble and bass set and why?

graeboy
11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Just curious I couldn't begin to imagine how to set it up for different types of music:dunno:

bcool
11-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Just curious I couldn't begin to imagine how to set it up for different types of music:dunno:

Very good question. Hopefully some audio buffs/sound engineers out there can help us out to maximize the sound systems that BMW should have done better with.

BMR2009
11-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Inserting a music DVD, like the Eagles Live, I then went in and set the EQ. The DVD format contains the highest amount of data the stereo will play, and with that in mind, it gave me a good base line to work from. In this format, you can hear the widest range of sounds and adjust the EQ accordingly.

The EQ is bordering on a "gimmick". It does have some affect, but the range within each variable band is far more limited than any EQ I've ever heard or experiened. In my opinion, it has a 20% control per band of variance for each control compared to other EQ's. In other words, it is VERY WEAK in its control over sound variance within a band.

I will say, with a DVD in the unit, it sounds pretty good, otherwise it's crap.