PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 2002 track car

BradATL
09-18-2003, 06:11 PM
In the now infamous "Me vs. Evo vs. 530i" thread (that has now been locked -- may it rest in peace), Brashland asked me to post pics of my 2002 track car. With perhaps the BEST signature of anyone on Bimmerfest, there's no way I can turn down Brashland. So here ya go:

F1Crazy
09-18-2003, 06:28 PM
:thumbup:

joshr
09-19-2003, 08:03 AM
very nice. got any action shots?

here's my 02 ...

http://www.parasite.com/02/02-Images/5.jpg

BradATL
09-19-2003, 09:15 AM
very nice. got any action shots?

here's my 02 ...

Unfortunately, no action shots from a digital camera. Got a few on old fashion paper prints, so I can't post 'em. I'll have to get somebody to take some digital photos at my next track event (in 4 weeks). Can't wait to get the M3 so I can take it on the track to compare it with the 2002.

Your 2002 looks nice. tii's are awesome. Love your round taillights. They switched to rectangular in '74. Don't know what they were thinking.

My car used to look pretty, too, 'till I tore it up making it into a track car! The 2002 was a classic. I wish BMW would bring it back -- I bet they could sell a ton of them.

Brashland
09-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Thanks Brad, kudos to you and your cars.

And thanks for the return kudos!

Alex Baumann
09-20-2003, 05:31 AM
Brad & Josh, great cars you have there.

Thanks for sharing the photos ! :thumbup:

joshr
09-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Brad & Josh, great cars you have there.

Thanks for sharing the photos ! :thumbup:

no problem, i can never resist a chance to post a pic of it. here is a little gallery with some more ... http://www.parasite.com/02/

Alex Baumann
09-20-2003, 07:07 AM
no problem, i can never resist a chance to post a pic of it. here is a little gallery with some more ... http://www.parasite.com/02/

Josh, that is one gorgeous car. :drool:

http://www.parasite.com/02/02-Images/13.jpg

So, you gave him the keys already ? :D

lip277
09-20-2003, 07:11 AM
I'm glad to see some other 02 nuts hanging out here.....
and I thought I was the only one.
:D
Cool

I bought mine in 1984 from the original owner. I've got ~230k on it now and am still on the second clutch... Just waiting for it to go so I can do the 5-speed thing and have some other fun-

(Pics of my car can be seen in the link on my sig)

Alex Baumann
09-20-2003, 07:13 AM
Woohoo !! It's great to see 2002 owners here!! :bigpimp:

Lip, beautiful car !! :thumbup:

joshr
09-20-2003, 07:42 AM
I'm glad to see some other 02 nuts hanging out here.....
and I thought I was the only one.
:D
Cool

I bought mine in 1984 from the original owner. I've got ~230k on it now and am still on the second clutch... Just waiting for it to go so I can do the 5-speed thing and have some other fun-

(Pics of my car can be seen in the link on my sig)

very nice! i think i've seen those pics before (i lurk on roady and 2002faq but don't post much, so maybe thats where).

i've only had my 02 since june. we've wanted one for years but never had the space or time. this was my 30th birthday present from my wife. now that's love!

mostly rust free, runs great, bone stock, is gonna need some body work eventually (needs a new nose, paint looks ok but could use a respray eventually.)

Lonni24
09-21-2003, 05:05 AM
Over here I only saw one of these very nice cars. :(

lip277
09-21-2003, 02:56 PM
very nice! i think i've seen those pics before (i lurk on roady and 2002faq but don't post much, so maybe thats where).

i've only had my 02 since june. we've wanted one for years but never had the space or time. this was my 30th birthday present from my wife. now that's love!

mostly rust free, runs great, bone stock, is gonna need some body work eventually (needs a new nose, paint looks ok but could use a respray eventually.)

That's possible. I hang out on Roadfly and FAQ as well, so.... That and there are a bunch of Fjord 02's around also. I even saw that someone grabbed a pic of my car and used it on an e-bay auction for an airdam (mine is a Zender although the one he was selling wasn't :( )

It's funny.. My 02 is the only car I've owned that has never left me stranded for ANY reason (flat, run out of gas, overheat - whatever). I can't even say that about my 2001 Yukon.

Speaking of spouses....
I'm presently looking at getting an e9 Coupe (3.0CS/CSi). I was discussing this with my wife a while back when I mentioned that if we do end up getting the CS, I'd probably want to sell the 02. She said "No, don't sell it. Our first date was in that car!-
I knew I liked her. :D