PDA

View Full Version : guido replacement tips??????? 92 525i

robdel79
11-08-2009, 07:31 PM
i took a quick look under the car after work . the drive shaft flex plate ,that i was told was called a guido , was totally shot . there are 6 bolts on this piece but im sure it is more involved. will i have to drop the exaust system and heat shields to access a carrierbearing or can i un bolt the shaft at the rear end and get my movement that way . any tricks or advice that would save me time would be verry cool. im a compentent mech but time is a scarce commidity these days . thanks for any help

CarDriver
11-09-2009, 04:27 AM
Here are a set of ilustrated instructions on Guibo (flex disc) and center bearing replacement. See link below.

I have also attached a PDF conversion of the pages so you can print and referance while you work.

Have fun. :thumbup:

http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Maintenance/Transmission/CenterBearing.htm

Crashj
11-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks, the bmwe34 site was very helpful. None of the sites I have found so far describes removing the drive shaft centering bushing. A regular puller isn't going to work since it is rubber inside. Any tips?
"another guy replacing the guibo"
Sorry, never mind, Bentley says pack it with grease and use a 14mm rod to reverse press it out. I actually designed a machine with that feature, but I could not believe that would be used by BMW.
"needs 14mm rod now"