PDA

View Full Version : F01/F02 comprehensive issue thread (and wish list)

hayden
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
We should create a comprehensive list of issues in the hopes that BMW is paying attention. I think they do browse forums.

We all know the F01/F02's overall are a fantastic achievement. Given the investment we've made in these vehicles, however, it's worth noting that a few issues are present.

I'd be great if we could make this a sticky.

I'll start the list:

1. Maintain radio preset scrolling after a restart: The vehicle does not return to the previous preset list used when last running. It instead scrolls other stations in the current mode (AM/FM/SAT) rather than the "preset" list. The user has to actively go back to the preset list before being able to scroll the presets using the scroll on the steering wheel.

2. Maintain iPod Playlist after a restart: The vehicle does not remember the playlist it was playing when last running. It will continue to play the songs from the playlist, but will not allow the user to scroll to other songs and view their titles. The user must go back and manually select the playlist again after each restart. This has been tested with 3 different generation iPods.

3. Allow front passenger to turn on rear monitors and play a DVD. I have small children who cannot control a remote and trying to play a DVD is very complicated. I must turn on the rear monitor using the switch in the rear console, then use the remote to scroll to CD/DVD, etc. I should be able to do all the functions from the iDrive screen.

4. Create an option in iDrive to automatically fold side mirrors when parked.

5. You should be able to tap the sunroof button back twice to get the shade and sunroof to both retract automatically. The user should no have to wait for the shade to retract before opening the sunroof. NOT AN ISSUE. SEE BELOW.

6. The user should not be required to press Start/Stop twice before exiting the vehicle. Pressing Stop once should turn off the engine. When the drivers door is opened all other functions should turn off. NOT AN ISSUE. SEE BELOW.

7. Create an iDrive option that unlocks all doors automatically when you engage Park. (or stop the engine)

csmeance
11-10-2009, 02:57 PM
You can hold down the button for 2-3 seconds and it'll act as if the car turned off, at least it does on my E66. As well, there should be a programmable option for the door unlocking, I know my E66 has one and I doubt that they took it off.

graeboy
11-10-2009, 03:45 PM
random on ipods and cd's should be left to the previous setting when restarting car

esk
11-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Regarding Hayden's list:

#1 - I typically leave my screen on the "preset" page. It returns to this screen after I turn off the car.

#6 - Agreed - pet peeve #2

#7 - Agreed - pet peeve #1

My personal list of minor complaints:

1. I have the standard radio. The sound quality is terrible. I have programmed the fader to favor the back, but then my back seat passangers complain it is too loud.

2. I have the M Sport package. I would like the "M" logo under the airbag as shown on the Franfurt show car and the first photos of these cars.

3. I appreciate all the storage bins and compartments, but use the center console for money and coins. I would like to remove the phone connection adapter to make access easier. Is this possible?

4. I would like to be able to view the name of the artist and song automatically without having to go into two different screens. My wife's Escalade is set up this way.

PowerTech
11-10-2009, 09:29 PM
.... 4. Create an option in iDrive to automatically fold side mirrors when parked...

I don't understand why many US-bound vehicles are lacking power folding side mirrors, while the very same vehicle for European and Asian markets have them. Even basic Toyota Corolla here in Asia has that feature (although doesn't automatically fold when parked, but better than manually fold each mirrors)

baf3472
11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I don't understand why many US-bound vehicles are lacking power folding side mirrors, while the very same vehicle for European and Asian markets have them. Even basic Toyota Corolla here in Asia has that feature (although doesn't automatically fold when parked, but better than manually fold each mirrors)
We have power folding. What were talking about is auto fold when parked.

PowerTech
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
We have power folding. What were talking about is auto fold when parked.

oh sorry, my mistake then :)
I thought the car also doesn't have the power-folding feature. If the car has it, then its only software issue.. I don't know why they omit that for US bound 7 series then..

advocado
11-11-2009, 08:59 AM
The navigation screen does not provide the names of most of the streets. It shows all the streets, but most are nameless, even when set to only hundreds of feet view. I got more street info on my '06.

hayden
11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
The navigation screen does not provide the names of most of the streets. It shows all the streets, but most are nameless, even when set to only hundreds of feet view. I got more street info on my '06.

Yes, I also wish the Nav traffic data would show the severity of the traffic. It currently only shows orange (or a triangle) which doesn't indicate just how bad it is.

asaseaban
11-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes, I also wish the Nav traffic data would show the severity of the traffic. It currently only shows orange (or a triangle) which doesn't indicate just how bad it is.

Mine does show Red when traffic is really bad.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=207162&d=1257428939
It also pop-up alternative routes and tell me how many miles remaining before the alternative route disappears.

asaseaban
11-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Play with the different views. Perspective view at 0.25mls seems to give me most of the street names.

advocado
11-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Play with the different views. Perspective view at 0.25mls seems to give me most of the street names.
Really?? Thanks for the tip. I'll try it.

asaseaban
11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
1. Maintain radio preset scrolling after a restart: The vehicle does not return to the previous preset list used when last running. It instead scrolls other stations in the current mode (AM/FM/SAT) rather than the "preset" list. The user has to actively go back to the preset list before being able to scroll the presets using the scroll on the steering wheel.
hmmm! Mine returns me to the last multimedia (CD/DVD/Radio/iPod) i last listen to and i can scroll the "Presets" even if the iDrive is showing the Navigation screen. Maybe i'm not understanding your statement. Can you walk me thru what happens when you enter your car? I'll repeat the same thing to see if it produces similar or different results.

2. Maintain iPod Playlist after a restart: The vehicle does not remember the playlist it was playing when last running. It will continue to play the songs from the playlist, but will not allow the user to scroll to other songs and view their titles. The user must go back and manually select the playlist again after each restart. This has been tested with 3 different generation iPods.
When i enter the car and turn it on, the last playlist i was listening to resume playing the song. I can scroll thru the songs on the playlist without messing with the iDrive.

3. Allow front passenger to turn on rear monitors and play a DVD. I have small children who cannot control a remote and trying to play a DVD is very complicated. I must turn on the rear monitor using the switch in the rear console, then use the remote to scroll to CD/DVD, etc. I should be able to do all the functions from the iDrive screen.
There's an option to "Switch off rear DVD system" You'll think they'll be smart enough to give you the option to switch it on and even select a DVD to play. However, i can understand the safety concern as to why they don
t want the driver controlling the rear DVD...but wait...the front passenger can control it instead of the driver so what's the rational behind it?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=207936&stc=1&d=1257969418

4. Create an option in iDrive to automatically fold side mirrors when parked.
This option is already build into all F01/02 BUT it's blocked or limited via programming or coding for US models.

5. You should be able to tap the sunroof button back twice to get the shade and sunroof to both retract automatically. The user should no have to wait for the shade to retract before opening the sunroof.
Checkout this video that i just took showing the roof and the shade opening and closing at the same time. Not sure if this is what you talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaYVLvhyzY

6. The user should not be required to press Start/Stop twice before exiting the vehicle. Pressing Stop once should turn off the engine. When the drivers door is opened all other functions should turn off.
For me i just press Start/Stop once to turn the ignition off, walk out out of the car and lock the car which turns everything off. In the E65/66 pressing the Start/Stop for about 2-3 secons turns the engine and the car off and eject/pop-out the remote key fob. This feature went away with the introduction of Comfort Access/Keyless Go where one is no longer required to insert the key. I have a feeling BMW will fix this in a programming or software update/recall. Pressing the Start/Stop button for atleast 2 seconds to kill the car completely is no brainer.

7. Create an iDrive option that unlocks all doors automatically when you engage Park. (or stop the engine)
This is also available in non-US F01/F02. The E65/66 had this option as well and i have a feeling BMW will resolve this with a programming/software upgrade.

asaseaban
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Regarding Hayden's list:
3. I appreciate all the storage bins and compartments, but use the center console for money and coins. I would like to remove the phone connection adapter to make access easier. Is this possible?
Almost everyone that has F01/02 hate this. It appears the Smartphone Integration is built into and wired with the center console. Choosing this option and paying $150 ONLY enable it but if you opt out of this option, you still get the cradle but it's disabled. Not sure if someone at BMW Design is trying to undo everything that Chris Bangle did because this was not an issue in the E65/66 since almost everyone loved the ample storage space.

Regarding Hayden's list:
4. I would like to be able to view the name of the artist and song automatically without having to go into two different screens. My wife's Escalade is set up this way.
Try the Split screen option with Entertainment details (It shows more information about the playlist, album, song, etc). This is how mine shows up in the iDrive
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=207938&stc=1&d=1257970454

esk
11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Try the Split screen option with Entertainment details (It shows more information about the playlist, album, song, etc). This is how mine shows up in the iDrive
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=207938&stc=1&d=1257970454

I'm not sure the I Drive is capable of showing me what I want. Ideally, I'd like to see my list of Presets, the station I am tuned to (orange rectangle and check mark), along with the artist and title. Audi's MMI is similar to BMW's where you must scroll into an "info" page in order to view this information. The Escalade shows you the station, artist and title, but the presets are spread out over several "pages" of screens. No biggie. I still think the car is amazing.

idworkin
11-11-2009, 03:51 PM
One additional item to add to the list(s) above:
- Remember the suspension settings (comfort, normal, sport, sport+) between restarts. I mostly drive in the 'sport' setting, but every time I turn on the car it detaults back to 'normal'. It should remember the last mode -- or have this as an option in the menu system

hayden
11-11-2009, 04:07 PM
- Remember the suspension settings (comfort, normal, sport, sport+) between restarts. I mostly drive in the 'sport' setting, but every time I turn on the car it detaults back to 'normal'. It should remember the last mode -- or have this as an option in the menu system

Mine remembers the setting if its "Comfort". "Sport" and "Sport+" return to "Normal" after a restart. The difference makes me believe it was a conscious decision by BMW.

Mine does show Red when traffic is really bad.

It also pop-up alternative routes and tell me how many miles remaining before the alternative route disappears.

Interesting... I'll have to check that out. In my couple weeks of using it around heavy traffic I've only seen Orange... and lots of it. UPDATE: It does indeed show red.

hmmm! Mine returns me to the last multimedia (CD/DVD/Radio/iPod) i last listen to and i can scroll the "Presets" even if the iDrive is showing the Navigation screen. Maybe i'm not understanding your statement. Can you walk me thru what happens when you enter your car? I'll repeat the same thing to see if it produces similar or different results.

Mine returns me to the last multimedia. I can also scroll the presets while looking at the Nav screen. Those aren't the issues.

If I go to the Presets, then switch to Nav... For the rest of the ride everything is fine. I can scroll the presets no problem.

The problem is when I get back into the car and restart it. It will pickup on the last station, but if I try to scroll the presets again... I can't. It only displays other stations in the same mode as the one it was left of (AM/FM/SAT). I have to back to the Presets screen to be able to scroll presets again.

When i enter the car and turn it on, the last playlist i was listening to resume playing the song. I can scroll thru the songs on the playlist without messing with the iDrive.

Can you tell me exactly what kind of iPod you are using? Mine will not remember the playlist with the ability to see all the other songs.

Checkout this video that i just took showing the roof and the shade opening and closing at the same time. Not sure if this is what you talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaYVLvhyzY

I'll have to try that, thanks. UPDATE: That works, thanks.

For me i just press Start/Stop once to turn the ignition off, walk out out of the car and lock the car which turns everything off. In the E65/66 pressing the Start/Stop for about 2-3 secons turns the engine and the car off and eject/pop-out the remote key fob. This feature went away with the introduction of Comfort Access/Keyless Go where one is no longer required to insert the key. I have a feeling BMW will fix this in a programming or software update/recall. Pressing the Start/Stop button for atleast 2 seconds to kill the car completely is no brainer.

Problem with relying on locking the car to fully turn it off means that the radio will be heard when you open the door, which may be odd depending on where you happen to be.

asaseaban
11-11-2009, 07:47 PM
One additional item to add to the list(s) above:

Dynamic Driving Control only retains/memorize "Normal" and "Comfort" selection. "Sport" or "Sports+" revert to "Normal" after restart. Hopefully we'll have more options of controlling this in the next iDrive/software update.

asaseaban
11-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Mine returns me to the last multimedia. I can also scroll the presets while looking at the Nav screen. Those aren't the issues.
If I go to the Presets, then switch to Nav... For the rest of the ride everything is fine. I can scroll the presets no problem.
The problem is when I get back into the car and restart it. It will pickup on the last station, but if I try to scroll the presets again... I can't. It only displays other stations in the same mode as the one it was left of (AM/FM/SAT). I have to back to the Presets screen to be able to scroll presets again.
After a restart Use the "Mode" button on the steering wheel to select "Presets" and you should be able to see all your presets. Also use the "Mode" button to select USB and you shoule be able to scroll thru songs on your playlist. Hopefully this helps.

Can you tell me exactly what kind of iPod you are using? Mine will not remember the playlist with the ability to see all the other songs.
I'm using iPod Classic.

Problem with relying on locking the car to fully turn it off means that the radio will be heard when you open the door, which may be odd depending on where you happen to be.
I fully understand. I guess for now you'll have to make do with pushing the Start/Stop button twice.

idworkin
11-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Dynamic Driving Control only retains/memorize "Normal" and "Comfort" selection. "Sport" or "Sports+" revert to "Normal" after restart. Hopefully we'll have more options of controlling this in the next iDrive/software update.

Hmm - shows you how often I've used "Comfort". (BMW's are meant to be DRIVEN :). ) I just figured it always defaulted back to 'normal'... will have to give it a try

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Here are my wish list:

1) The rear entertainment remote need an On/Off button so you can turn on the DVD system without turning over and hitting the I/O button.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5446.JPG

2) Make the Smartphone integration module optional and removal/unplugable so i can have storage if i need it
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5447.JPG http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5457_1_.jpg

3) Put the Heat (Red)/Cold(Blue) dial back in the iDrive so i can turn the heater on for rear passengers without turning around to switch the dial to RED/BLUE

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5445.JPG

4) The sideview cameras need some kind of distance meter/gauge so i can see/calculate how far an object is from the car.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5451.JPG

5) Put the radar for ACC in the center or at both corners of the front (This will give it a better angle to scan for objects infront or at the corners of the car). I almost hit a motorcycle because ACC didn't detect the bike merging into my lane about 25ft on the right side.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5455_5_.jpg

6) Increase ACC Stop & Go timer from 3 secs to 10 secs OR even better...make ACC Stop & Go intelligent enough to resume after stopping if the vehicle or object infront moves (or the distance begins to increase). I shouldn't have to tap the gas pedal to resume. In addition, ACC acceleration and deceleration should be smooth in transition and not just JERK/TAKE OFF when it senses a sudden increase in distance such as a car infront exit or move over to another lane.

7) Split Screen Option should list available Split Screen content and make it easier to select what to display on Split Screen.

8) Front passenger seat massaging feature/option should be restored. This was available in E65/66 745i/Li (not sure about MY05 and up E65/66 750i/Li)
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5459_1_.jpg http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5461_1_.jpg
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5462_1_.jpg http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5463_1_.jpg

8) Dynamic Driving Control "Sport+" mode should also lower the car by atleast an inch or two (similar to Range Rovers). I think this will make the car more sportier to drive.

9) US models need the rear cooler/refrigerator feature/option restored. This was available in previous 760Li and optional on some 7er

10) I want the full BMW ConnectedDrive that EU models get (internet, web browser, emails etc) and not the water down version US models get with Google Search.

11) Restore the option to unlock all doors when the car is turn off or put in park. This was available in E65/66 745i/Li

12) Put iPod connector in Glove compartment or have another iPod connector in the Glove compartment so i can have storage in either one if i want.

13) If pressing the Unlock button on the remote key fob rolls down the windows and the sunroof. I want to be able to roll up the windows and the sunroof with the Lock button (Roundel) as well. I don't want to stick a key in the door to roll the windows and sunroof up.

14) According to BMW, the Onboard Owners Manual should ONLY display information about features and options available in the car. This is not the case. I don't have Night vision so i don't need the night vision manual unless BMW refine their statement to say All F01/02 come with the same Onboard Owners Manual

15) The heating/airconditioning duct underneath the driver and passenger seats need to be reposition because when the footrest are in place, it blocks the air flow to the footwell.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5443.JPG http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5444.JPG

16) The remote key fob should have the option to start the car remotely. Not a biggie but it'll be nice to walk into a toastie car during the winter months.

17) For as much as we pay for 7er, we shouldn't be burden with brake dust issue.s The Germans need to do something about this because it's ANNOYING...IMO.

18) Update iDrive "Switch off rear DVD system" to "Switch On/Off rear DVD system" so i have the option to turn it Off or On.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5440.jpg

19) Have an option to save/store Active parked-car ventilation settings so i don't have to set it everyday.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5453.JPG

Lastly, BMW can either charge US customers more so we get all the features and options that 7 series have or they should make those options/features available to us and we can choose to purchase it or not. It really sucks when you hear about all these neat little things that 7 series can do only to find out your car can't do it because it's a US model. WTF :dunno:

That's all for now and may add some more later :)

esk
11-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Here are my wish list:

8) Front passenger seat massaging feature/option should be restored. This was available in E65/66 745i/Li (not sure about MY05 and up E65/66 750i/Li)

My car has this feature.

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 08:38 AM
My car has this feature.

Is your car F01/02?
Is it a US model?

zibawala
11-12-2009, 10:33 AM
did they fix any thing in 2010s

idworkin
11-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Is your car F01/02?
Is it a US model?

My car has it too -- US model, F01. You have to have the luxury seating package. If you're looking at the seat memory buttons on the driver's door, it's the button all the way to the right (front of the car). Looks similar to the 'gentleman's function' button on the other end of the row of buttons.

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 10:57 AM
My car has it too -- US model, F01. You have to have the luxury seating package. If you're looking at the seat memory buttons on the driver's door, it's the button all the way to the right (front of the car). Looks similar to the 'gentleman's function' button on the other end of the row of buttons.

The driver side has it but I'm talking about the front passenger seat. All the seats in my F02 has the massaging feature except for the front right passenger seat which does not.

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 10:58 AM
did they fix any thing in 2010s

Nothing significant that i've seen. Most of the 2010s software/programming updates are now available for 2009s as part of the programming recall.

hayden
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
After a restart Use the "Mode" button on the steering wheel to select "Presets" and you should be able to see all your presets. Also use the "Mode" button to select USB and you shoule be able to scroll thru songs on your playlist. Hopefully this helps.

That doesn't work. When listening to an FM station and able to scroll my presets... after a restart it picks up on the same FM station but scrolls all other FM stations, and not the presets. Pressing MODE only changes from CD/DVD back to the FM stations list. The MODE button does not allow me to go from FM to Presets.

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
That doesn't work. When listening to an FM station and able to scroll my presets... after a restart it picks up on the same FM station but scrolls all other FM stations, and not the presets. Pressing MODE only changes from CD/DVD back to the FM stations list. The MODE button does not allow me to go from FM to Presets.

This is how mine displays/behave when i restart the car or reenter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msrkyHahJNw

hayden
11-12-2009, 03:09 PM
This is how mine displays/behave when i restart the car or reenter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msrkyHahJNw

Thanks, but that doesn't replicate my issue. To create my issue do the following:

1. Start the car
2. Go to your Presets
3. Pick an FM Preset
4. Change the screen to Nav
5. Turn off the car fully.
6. Turn the car back on.

You theoretically should be able to "scroll" the presets just like you did before... but you'll notice you can't. When you "scroll" you see all FM stations, not your presets.

hayden
11-12-2009, 03:28 PM
3) Put the Heat (Red)/Cold(Blue) dial back in the iDrive so i can turn the heater on for rear passengers without turning around to switch the dial to RED/BLUE
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/thumbs/IMG_5445.JPG (http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/14151)

I was told in Germany that those dials are only related to the Vent function when the A/C is not being used. I do not use them since the A/C is always on.

Is that information correct?

esk
11-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I was told in Germany that those dials are only related to the Vent function when the A/C is not being used. I do not use them since the A/C is always on.

Is that information correct?

I believe this is incorrect. I have only used my car with the AC compressor and periodically adjust these. You can definately feel the difference in the air temp.

esk
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
The driver side has it but I'm talking about the front passenger seat. All the seats in my F02 has the massaging feature except for the front right passenger seat which does not.

I have a US F02 and have this feature on both front seats. I wish it did the backrest also.

hayden
11-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I have a US F02 and have this feature on both front seats. I wish it did the backrest also.

It can't be possible that you have the massage feature on the front passenger seat. Can we get a photo of the icon on the passenger side door? You may be the only one in the US with that option.

graeboy
11-13-2009, 06:22 AM
i have it also

asaseaban
11-13-2009, 07:02 AM
i have it also

Can you post some pictures...please.

graeboy
11-13-2009, 08:10 AM
pics

hayden
11-13-2009, 09:04 AM
pics

Wow. It looks like a rare few got this feature? What was the manufacture date on your vehicle?

asaseaban
11-13-2009, 09:52 AM
pics

According to http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/7series/sedan/2008/allfacts/equipment/interior.html Page 3 of 5 Comfort Seating

Seating comfort in the BMW 7 Series Sedan.
Supreme comfort on long journeys - or short ones. The optional comfort seats for the driver and front passenger are available with a massage function. Twelve massage bubbles and six rotation bubbles help to relax the occupant's thorax, shoulder and lumbar spine, and on summer days, the climate control seats are equipped with vents feeding cool air into the seat and backrest surface. Active seats are also available whereby the seat bottom moving up and down intermittently to mobilise the occupant's muscles around the hips and lumbar spine to prevent any feeling of cramp or fatigue."

Only available in the BMW 740Li, 750Li and 730Ld.

I've search entire BMWUSA.com and can't find anything on the front passenger massaging feature/function. I've asked my CA to research and let me know.

asaseaban
11-13-2009, 10:16 AM
All,

If you have a US model F01/02 that has the front passenger Massaging/Active seat please post pictures. We're going to need those as evidence because my CA is saying that BMW US model 7 series starting with MY06 didn't come with the front passenger massaging/active seat. I showed him the pictures that graeboy posted and he's enquiring more about it.

It's either some of us got short-changed on the front passenger massaging/active seat or graeboy and some few people got lucky and got those seats by error.

hayden
11-13-2009, 12:26 PM

Strangest thing... I left my iPod in the center armrest but not plugged in for a few days. Yesterday evening I plugged it in - and it has been remembering the playlist after every restart since! Several last night and again this morning! :dunno:

I'm affraid to touch it at this point... for fear that I'll mess up whatever magic set of circumstances is making it work properly right now. ;)

baf3472
11-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I only have a drivers side massage as well. When i looked at the options sheet for my car it only said drivers side not both. I did notice that the luxury seating package is now 2800, i believe it was 2500 on mine.

graeboy
11-13-2009, 03:39 PM
anything I can do to help you guys let me know. You have all been very helpful to me in my 7 series experience. As per hayden's request i am looking up the build date. If you need any further pictures or a copy of he window sticker let me know.

BMR2009
11-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't have it either. Interesting. Another rip...

esk
11-13-2009, 05:09 PM
It can't be possible that you have the massage feature on the front passenger seat. Can we get a photo of the icon on the passenger side door? You may be the only one in the US with that option.

Here's a picture of my passanger side button. My car was built in September, I think the 9th, and was delivered on October 20th.

hayden
11-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Here's a picture of my passanger side button. My car was built in September, I think the 9th, and was delivered on October 20th.

Thanks. OK, so it looks like both you and graeboy have 2010's. That is the difference.

I check my records and the 2009's show "Active seat for driver", while the 2010's now show "Active front seats". Issue solved.

esk
11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks. OK, so it looks like both you and graeboy have 2010's. Not sure how I missed that. Maybe all 2010's have it?

Perhaps it's in upgrade for the '10 model year?

I never understand why manufacturers do this. The car appeared in April of this year and was given an '09 designation. BMW could've just as easily called it a '10 by extending the model year by a few months. A lot of other car companies do. Porsche did this in '03 with the Cayenne. The Turbos arrived in March as '03s and by April they were calling them '04s.

Living in the northeast I had to have X Drive. I'm glad I waited because had I bought an '09 I'd be really upset about the switch from the version 1 Sport package to the new M Sport package.

asaseaban
11-13-2009, 05:36 PM
just called a call from my CA. MY09 don't have the passenger massaging/active seats. Only MY2010 have it now.

BMR2009
11-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Great. What else did I miss on my 09? Did you get a bigger engine too?

graeboy
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM
much bigger engine :bigpimp:

asaseaban
11-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks, but that doesn't replicate my issue. To create my issue do the following:

1. Start the car
2. Go to your Presets
3. Pick an FM Preset
4. Change the screen to Nav
5. Turn off the car fully.
6. Turn the car back on.

You theoretically should be able to "scroll" the presets just like you did before... but you'll notice you can't. When you "scroll" you see all FM stations, not your presets.

I followed your instructions and here are the results:
1) This is a video of starting the car, going to Presets, pick FM Preset, change screen to Nav, and then turn car off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ5X3YQ1vD4

2) This a video of turning the car back on after a couple of hours pass by.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQe41e-Bs8

hayden
11-14-2009, 08:02 AM
I followed your instructions and here are the results:
1) This is a video of starting the car, going to Presets, pick FM Preset, change screen to Nav, and then turn car off.

2) This a video of turning the car back on after a couple of hours pass by.

OK, so I'm alone on this one I guess... when I get back in the car I don't get my presets back... only all FM stations (if I was listening to an FM station). :thumbdwn:

I wish we could all compare software versions, but the only info I know how to display is the Nav version.

briansbimmer
11-15-2009, 05:34 AM
My 750li is an 09 (built in March of 09) that has the front massage feature. It does help but not till you have been in car about 2.5 hours. Start getting uncomfortable and remember I have it.

briansbimmer
11-15-2009, 05:50 AM
One more thing...I just scanned through this thread briefly. Think the issue is do I have in (on an 09, massage) on the drivers side...not sure I will check.

My 2 cents on the difference in the way cars behave upon re-start...entertainment in particular: entirely possible that you have different "firmware" versions on your car. Patches always coming out. I had to have my entire car re-programmed and I noticed many small differences. Like "BMW" in heads up display...upon startup. You probably all have it. I did not until re-program. Service Dept. are reluctant to install entire program unless they have to. Takes all day or more...and then getting activation codes from BMW is always a headache. For what it's worth.

asaseaban
11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
One more thing...I just scanned through this thread briefly. Think the issue is do I have in (on an 09, massage) on the drivers side...not sure I will check.

My 2 cents on the difference in the way cars behave upon re-start...entertainment in particular: entirely possible that you have different "firmware" versions on your car. Patches always coming out. I had to have my entire car re-programmed and I noticed many small differences. Like "BMW" in heads up display...upon startup. You probably all have it. I did not until re-program. Service Dept. are reluctant to install entire program unless they have to. Takes all day or more...and then getting activation codes from BMW is always a headache. For what it's worth.

Service Dept. are reluctant to install entire program because sometimes reprogramming crashes the computer. Had similar experience with my previos F02. Programming took almost entire day to run and just before it could finish the car died. Nothing could revive the car so a regional tech was requested to come in and troubleshoot and after a couple of hours 2 of the computers in my car had crashed during the programming. New computers were ordered and reprogram...this time it was successful.

You'll think BMW will be smart enough to allow programming/upgrading one computer at a time...but what do i know.

So whenever you take your car in for programming recall or software update just be prepared for the worst case. However, programming and/or software upgrade is really nice when it goes successfully...lots of new features and sometimes better car performance (transmission, fuel management, etc)

hayden
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM

I dont get "BMW" in my head-up display upon start up. I must be running an older software. I'll ask for an update then next time I take it in for service...

briansbimmer
11-16-2009, 04:38 AM
asaseaban...that was my experience on re-program. It took three days. I took it in to have spark plugs replaced and they would call to give me and update and tell me my radio did not work. I pointed out that my radio worked when I took it in and that is when they told me they were re-programing the entire car. The next thing was "activation codes," I assume that there are codes unique to each car because the extra time ended up being getting these codes from BMW....that is what they said anyway.

briansbimmer
11-16-2009, 04:50 AM
I dont get "BMW" in my head-up display upon start up. I must be running an older software. I'll ask for an update then next time I take it in for service..

Good thing about this board. I believe that technicians will avoid re-program car like HINI. So much potential for problems, unless you get that rare A+ service department. If you do not ask for it and they have no reason to...they are content to let you use firmware that is not up to date. Not all up-dates are patches of problems in the code, there are improvements and little touches like the heads up display. Plus...on a 100K car...I want the most up to date version wether I need it or not.

asaseaban
11-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Here are my wish list:

5) Put the radar for ACC in the center or at both corners of the front (This will give it a better angle to scan for objects infront or at the corners of the car). I almost hit a motorcycle because ACC didn't detect the bike merging into my lane about 25ft on the right side.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_5455_5_.jpg

Look like Porche beat BMW to it so hopefully BMW will implement this in MY2011 and not the next generation 7 series.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/4731546_3.jpg

baf3472
11-17-2009, 11:43 AM
My wish list is i wish i would have waited for a 2010. Was at the dealer yesterday and besides the bumper, black headliner and passenger active seat, 2010 also have a thicker steering wheel.

hayden
11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Look like Porche beat BMW to it so hopefully BMW will implement this in MY2011 and not the next generation 7 series.

Mercedes also puts it in the middle.

My wish list is i wish i would have waited for a 2010. Was at the dealer yesterday and besides the bumper, black headliner and passenger active seat, 2010 also have a thicker steering wheel.

Thicker even than the 2009 sport package steering wheel? You can probably replace the steering wheel for a few hundred dollars.

baf3472
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Mercedes also puts it in the middle.

Thicker even than the 2009 sport package steering wheel? You can probably replace the steering wheel for a few hundred dollars.

Yes I have the sport. Its about as thick as the steering wheel in my M5. List price is $900.

hayden
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
List price is $900.

Or many hundreds of dollars rather. :D

baf3472
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Or many hundreds of dollars rather. :D

Like everything else on this car:ouch:

asaseaban
11-17-2009, 05:38 PM
iCockpit
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208610&stc=1&d=1258504670

asaseaban
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Here's another wish list item that i hope BMW fix
These appears to be wires connecting the integral active steering motor...and it's just exposed. If you happen to drive over a protruding object you may loose these wire connections and there goes whatever it is that it controls.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208611&stc=1&d=1258504820

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208612&stc=1&d=1258504820

They should just cover the entire under side of the car. It may make the car even more aerodynamic...like the Saleen 7.

asaseaban
11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I dont get "BMW" in my head-up display upon start up. I must be running an older software. I'll ask for an update then next time I take it in for service...

I'm just comparing pictures of my previous F02 and my ED F02 and i realized i need programming update/software upgrade. I don't get any indication on the tachometer when the door/trunk is open and i engage the transmission.
Here's a picture of my previous F02 showing door open. The new F02 doesn't.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=207166&d=1257429977

I don't see Split Screen content to select what i want display on split screen. Not sure what else i'm missing but i'm definitely taking it in.

Funny thing is with my previous F02, when i called to enquire if my car needed any recall/programming/software update the SA told me NO but when i took the car in any way and they inserted the remote key fob to their whatever, it came out that my car needed programming and software update.

I've done the same with my current F02 and my VIN did not come up needed anything but i'm going to take it in anyway and see what the remote key fob spits out.

hayden
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I took my F02 in for service today. It was asking for more oil. (Big surprise, huh). The driver's side rear electric sunshade is also jammed and won't move.

I also complained about the iPod playlist issue in the hopes that the complaint might convince them to do a software update. I guess if I see the BMW logo on the head-up display then I'll know it was done...

They gave me a 3-series loaner with the new iDrive as well (same as ours). I noticed ours works noticeably faster... but there are two things I noticed:
The Nav gave me the option to view Satellite Images on the map... which is a pretty cool feature! This is the Traffic Map shown... the satellite image is shown with the roads overlaid on top.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209579&stc=1&d=1259010528

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209580&stc=1&d=1259010528
There seems to be new Nav data available since the Nav version is showing as "2009-2" instead of the "2009-1" that mine displays.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209581&stc=1&d=1259010528

BMR2009
11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
It appears our 7 series are becoming outdated to even BMW's entry level cars.

asaseaban
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I took my F02 in for service today. It was asking for more oil. (Big surprise, huh).
Look like doing 150+ MPH finally caught up with ya...hahaha...just kidding.

The driver's side rear electric sunshade is also jammed and won't move.
This used to be a problem in my E66 and i thought they fix that in F01/02

I also complained about the iPod playlist issue in the hopes that the complaint might convince them to do a software update.

They're very reluctant or should i say hesitant to do upgrades or reprogramming due to computer crashing so you may want to call your SA and request for software upgrade or reprogramming.

I guess if I see the BMW logo on the head-up display then I'll know it was done..

Also, when you open any of the doors or the trunk whilst the transmission is engaged; N or D you should see a visual indication in the tachometer.

They gave me a 3-series loaner with the new iDrive as well (same as ours). I noticed ours works noticeably faster... but there are two things I noticed:
The Nav gave me the option to view Satellite Images on the map... which is a pretty cool feature! This is the Traffic Map shown... the satellite image is shown with the roads overlaid on top.
There seems to be new Nav data available since the Nav version is showing as "2009-2" instead of the "2009-1" that mine displays.

I like those images. Seems to be features of 2009-2 update. Hopefully you get yours updated to 2009-2.

hayden
11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Got a call from my SA that the car is ready. They overnighted the rear window shade and installed that today. He said there was no SID (?) about the iPod issue... so no software upgrade.

briansbimmer
11-25-2009, 04:31 AM
The letters "BMW" show up in display when you start the car with the little lines under it similar to the ones under the speed and tach, not the BMW Logo. It is there for about 15 seconds. Goes away wether or not you shift it in gear. Hayden, do you get a large exclamation point in your heads up display when you exceed your set speed limit? That is another difference I noticed after my software/firmware.

Map looks cool. I do not have that.

How many miles did you have when car asked for oil? My car was thirsty at 5200 miles, and again at 10,500 miles. I keep oil in trunk for next time. I'm at almost 13,000 miles and I'm curious if it will ask for more when I get to 15K.

asaseaban
11-26-2009, 06:15 AM
OK, so I'm alone on this one I guess... when I get back in the car I don't get my presets back... only all FM stations (if I was listening to an FM station). :thumbdwn:

I wish we could all compare software versions, but the only info I know how to display is the Nav version.

Hayden,

You may not be alone afterall on this issue. I found this thread:

"One of the minor bugs is a behavior having to do with radio presets. If I select presents from the radio module I'm presented with a list of up to (I think 40) presets of my choosing. They can be a mixture of terrestrial and/or satellite stations. Select one of the presets and observe the check mark to indicate that it's selected and playing. Now turn off the car. (Possibly optionally wait for car to go fully to sleep...I don't know if that matters.) Turn on car. The bug was that the car would be displaying either terrestrial or satellite screen, depending on if the station that was playing when the car turned off was a terrestrial or satellite broadcast, resp. The correct behavior is to display the presets screen when powering on the car, so that I do not have to go through a series of clicks and turns of the idrive controller to get back to the presets screen. After the software update this bug is no more. Now when I turn on the car it correctly displays the presets screen. SMILE I was expecting the update to resolve this bug because I read in an online forum that another person's car was cured of this bug when his software was updated."

It also talks about your iPod playlist issue:

"The third minor bug has to do with display of playlist or album from my iphone 3G. Switch input to ipod. Select a playlist or album. (Optional) if you navigate around then select "currently playing" observe that the screen correctly displays the playlist/album that was selected above. Turn off the car. Turn on car. When powering on the car, sometimes instead of displaying the playlist or album that was selected at the time the car was turned off (with a check mark on the current song), the display contains only the one song that was playing at the time the car was turned off. Navigating to "currently playing" also displays only a single song. If I manually select the playlist/album again, it displays the contents of the playlist but there is no check mark next to the name of the song that is currently playing as there would be when this bug has not occurred. Interestingly, if I wait for the current song to finish then the next song that is played is the next song in the playlist/album that should be selected as the content of the "currently playing" screen. So the ipod/car knows how to navigate to the next song in the playlist, but the car does not display the contents of the entire playlist. I don't know if this is a bug in the car's software or if it is a bug in the iPhone itself. In online forums I have seen accounts of other people who experience this bug."

Your BMW workshop will not apply software updates to cars just because you want it; if your car has a problem that is fixed by the latest release of software, known as Progman, and is still under warranty, you are entitled to a software upgrade at no cost. Schedule a service appointment and get your car issues resolved.

Here is a link to the thread

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4686080#post4686080

asaseaban
11-27-2009, 01:41 PM
BMW iDrive with internet access. Why can't US models have these feature/option???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rieaynXRYKg

hayden
11-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Hayden,

You may not be alone afterall on this issue. I found this thread:

"One of the minor bugs is a behavior having to do with radio presets. If I select presents from the radio module I'm presented with a list of up to (I think 40) presets of my choosing. They can be a mixture of terrestrial and/or satellite stations. Select one of the presets and observe the check mark to indicate that it's selected and playing. Now turn off the car. (Possibly optionally wait for car to go fully to sleep...I don't know if that matters.) Turn on car. The bug was that the car would be displaying either terrestrial or satellite screen, depending on if the station that was playing when the car turned off was a terrestrial or satellite broadcast, resp. The correct behavior is to display the presets screen when powering on the car, so that I do not have to go through a series of clicks and turns of the idrive controller to get back to the presets screen. After the software update this bug is no more. Now when I turn on the car it correctly displays the presets screen. SMILE I was expecting the update to resolve this bug because I read in an online forum that another person's car was cured of this bug when his software was updated."

It also talks about your iPod playlist issue:

"The third minor bug has to do with display of playlist or album from my iphone 3G. Switch input to ipod. Select a playlist or album. (Optional) if you navigate around then select "currently playing" observe that the screen correctly displays the playlist/album that was selected above. Turn off the car. Turn on car. When powering on the car, sometimes instead of displaying the playlist or album that was selected at the time the car was turned off (with a check mark on the current song), the display contains only the one song that was playing at the time the car was turned off. Navigating to "currently playing" also displays only a single song. If I manually select the playlist/album again, it displays the contents of the playlist but there is no check mark next to the name of the song that is currently playing as there would be when this bug has not occurred. Interestingly, if I wait for the current song to finish then the next song that is played is the next song in the playlist/album that should be selected as the content of the "currently playing" screen. So the ipod/car knows how to navigate to the next song in the playlist, but the car does not display the contents of the entire playlist. I don't know if this is a bug in the car's software or if it is a bug in the iPhone itself. In online forums I have seen accounts of other people who experience this bug."

Your BMW workshop will not apply software updates to cars just because you want it; if your car has a problem that is fixed by the latest release of software, known as Progman, and is still under warranty, you are entitled to a software upgrade at no cost. Schedule a service appointment and get your car issues resolved.

Here is a link to the thread

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4686080#post4686080

That's very helpful Asaseaban. I'll make another appointment. Thanks.

asaseaban
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
That's very helpful Asaseaban. I'll make another appointment. Thanks.

You welcome :)

The iPod playlist and Radio presets alone MAY not pursuade your SA to do the software upgrade/reprogram so i suggest you compile a list of issues to present your case :D

Also, LovinM6 has confirmed his new F02 Individual has navigation version 1.4.6 so you definitely want to throw that in there as well.

asaseaban
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Incase anyone is interested, i got a call from my SA that "Recall Campaign code 0032920100 Drive Belt cover" applies to my car and i need to bring it in to have it taken care of.

I suggest you guys call your SA and see if this recall affects your MY 09/10 F01/02s.

hayden
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Incase anyone is interested, i got a call from my SA that "Recall Campaign code 0032920100 Drive Belt cover" applies to my car and i need to bring it in to have it taken care of.

I suggest you guys call your SA and see if this recall affects your MY 09/10 F01/02s.

I took it in today for the iDrive software bugs. I did fall into the recall group and they are doing that as well.

I printed this out and left it for the tech:

Current Issues:
iDrive Bug List
1. Contacts synced over Bluetooth from my iPhone 3GS show up in the contacts list on iDrive screen, and those contacts correctly list addresses contained therein, but whenever I attempt to navigate to an address contained within one of these contacts the street number and street name fields never auto-populate from the contact info that was displayed on the previous iDrive screen.

2. If I select presents from the radio module I'm presented with a list of up to 40 presets of my choosing. They can be a mixture of terrestrial and/or satellite stations. Select one of the presets and observe the check mark to indicate that it's selected and playing. Now turn off the car. Turn on car. The bug is that the car will displaying either terrestrial or satellite screen, depending on if the station that was playing when the car turned off was a terrestrial or satellite broadcast, resp. The correct behavior is to display the presets screen when powering on the car, so that I do not have to go through a series of clicks and turns of the iDrive controller to get back to the presets screen.

3. If I select a playlist from the iPod, it will correctly play the playlist with the ability to scroll the entire list and view current song information. Now turn off the car. Turn on car. The playlist will continue playing with details of the current song, but you will not be able to scroll the playlist and view any other songs. (This is an intermittent issue)

All of these issues can be resolved with programming and encoding control unit(s) using the latest ISTA/P.

MY2010 F01/F02 vehicles do not experience these issues. E93 owners have had these issues resolved using SIB651609.

Possible Recall:
Recall Campaign Code 0032920100 (Drive Belt Cover)

Customer Request:
Please update Navigation to 1.4.6 (Road Map North America PREMIUM 2009-2) or later

We'll see what happens... If they again don't update it I'll have to move to another dealer or start calling BMWUSA.

hayden
12-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Strange day. Got a call from my SA that they performed the recall, but could not do the software upgrade under warranty. I was annoyed and told them I wanted to see either the Service Manager or the Shop Foreman. I asked when I should show-up, specifically stating that I didn't want to wait around. I arrived at the dealership at 2pm and waited 40 minutes for the Foreman to get back from lunch late. :tsk:

We walked to the car and I went through all issues. I couldn't replicate a single one. :dunno:

My main complaint was issue #1 above, but that was now working fine. Issues #2 and #3 also were working fine, except that they may require the car to be fully asleep to fully replicate (16 minutes I was told) and I didn't want to wait since the first issue seemed to be resolved.

I could not tell if the software was modified or upgraded, but I still don't have the BMW logo on the head-up display upon startup.

Very odd and somewhat embarassing. We'll see what happens over the next couple of days.

As a side note, I'm told the Navigation update is only the cost of labor. I didn't ask how much that would be.

baf3472
12-01-2009, 04:23 PM
As a side note, I'm told the Navigation update is only the cost of labor. I didn't ask how much that would be.

I asked my service advisor about the navigation update after telling him that i dont get most street names and he informed me, like he always does, that to get the nav update i would have to purchase it for around 350.

asaseaban
12-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Strange day. Got a call from my SA that they performed the recall, but could not do the software upgrade under warranty. I was annoyed and told them I wanted to see either the Service Manager or the Shop Foreman. I asked when I should show-up, specifically stating that I didn't want to wait around. I arrived at the dealership at 2pm and waited 40 minutes for the Foreman to get back from lunch late. :tsk:

We walked to the car and I went through all issues. I couldn't replicate a single one. :dunno:

My main complaint was issue #1 above, but that was now working fine. Issues #2 and #3 also were working fine, except that they may require the car to be fully asleep to fully replicate (16 minutes I was told) and I didn't want to wait since the first issue seemed to be resolved.

I could not tell if the software was modified or upgraded, but I still don't have the BMW logo on the head-up display upon startup.

Very odd and somewhat embarassing. We'll see what happens over the next couple of days.

Very strange indeed. I'm taking my in on Thursday. Will let you know how it goes with the software update/reprogramming.

BMR2009
12-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I get the BMW logo for about 5+ seconds when I turn on the car. Does this mean I have the upgraded version? I haven't had any problems at all, yet.

LovinM6
12-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Had a few program issues and found out that a new update is due March 2010.

hayden
12-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I get the BMW logo for about 5+ seconds when I turn on the car. Does this mean I have the upgraded version? I haven't had any problems at all, yet.

If the BMW logo is on the head-up display on the windshield... then yes, you have newer software than me.

hayden
12-01-2009, 11:04 PM

What issues?

rgbyhkr
12-02-2009, 03:26 AM

I wonder if this will include "oneshot" nav destination input. I know that oneshot will be available on US cars starting in 03/10 and had assumed that it would be a thing for new vehicles only and not possible to add via software upgrade on vehicles produced prior to that. It would be very cool and seemingly well worth it to pursue if this was the case.

Jeff

LovinM6
12-02-2009, 05:23 AM
What issues?

When I put my iPhone in the cradle or connect it via the USB cable a message on my phone comes up and says this device is not compatible. Everything works but the message comes up.

Also, when you use the A-Z function in the phonebook section of the telephone, the automatic search function for the names does not work for the letter that is the last name of the person listed under "home" in the contacts section. This is clearly a bug as it works for every other letter.

BMR2009
12-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Okay. I'll put it on my list. Thanks...

asaseaban
12-02-2009, 06:13 AM

I was going to get the software update/reprogram a couple of weeks back (i was able to get it done on my prior F02 but Nav update 1.4.6 was not available then) but when i heard from BMW AG that a new software update is due around March 2010 i decided to wait it. However, i got a call to bring the car in for a Recall so i figured i'll get the software update/reprogramming done as well.

asaseaban
12-02-2009, 06:19 AM
If the BMW logo is on the head-up display on the windshield... then yes, you have newer software than me.

Also, when the engine is running and any of the door(s) is open or not closed properly, you should get visual indication for the door(s) on the cluster. If you don't get any visual indication then you don't have the new software.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=207166&d=1257429977

asaseaban
12-02-2009, 06:20 AM
I asked my service advisor about the navigation update after telling him that i dont get most street names and he informed me, like he always does, that to get the nav update i would have to purchase it for around 350.

The car is going to the shop on Thursday and i've requested for the Nav update and software update/reprogram. Will let you know what happens.

asaseaban
12-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Car was in the shop all day Thursday (got a 2008 X5 loaner). Got a call Friday morning from SA that car was ready. However, only the recall was done. The software update/reprogramming was not done because according to the SA the software needed to reprogram the car and update the navigation to 1.4.6 will be available in three weeks so i should bring my car back after three weeks. Attached is the document (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=210802&stc=1&d=1260037182) i gave to the SA to fix or resolve.

I don't trust what the SA said about the software being available in three weeks so i'm seeking a second opinion from SA at another dealership. Will let you know their response.

baf3472
12-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Car was in the shop all day Thursday (got a 2008 X5 loaner). Got a call Friday morning from SA that car was ready. However, only the recall was done. The software update/reprogramming was not done because according to the SA the software needed to reprogram the car and update the navigation to 1.4.6 will be available in three weeks so i should bring my car back after three weeks. Attached is the document (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=210802&stc=1&d=1260037182) i gave to the SA to fix or resolve.

I don't trust what the SA said about the software being available in three weeks so i'm seeking a second opinion from SA at another dealership. Will let you know their response.

Please do let us know. I think I have to go to a different dealership to get mine done.

SleepTight
12-11-2009, 08:47 AM
SPORT AUTOMATIC W/SHIFT PADDLES! This option is already available with the 6-speed auto on the current 5-series (RWD models only). I cannot believe they did not bring this to the F01 when they adapted the transmission from the 5-Series. Hopefully we will get this in 2011 along with the 8-speed from the new F10.

SleepTight
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Oh, and as long as we're wishing, how about a quad exhaust option for the 750? It look's amazing on the 760 and I'm sure a bunch of us would pay good money for it.

hayden
12-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh, and as long as we're wishing, how about a quad exhaust option for the 750? It look's amazing on the 760 and I'm sure a bunch of us would pay good money for it.

I think you can just swap the part (if you can find the right part number)... see here:
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/F02/Sedan/USA/750Li-N63/LHD/A/2009/browse/vehicle_trim/bumper_trim_panel_rear/

Guards Red Car
12-14-2009, 06:27 PM
From my very first victory lap at the Welt, I have been plagued with "Tire Chains Installed, all wheel steering inactivated" Warning about one out of ten times I drive my car. It seems that Asaseaban has had a similar erroneous warning - must be a software glitch!! Anyone else?? Has Asaseaban had total resolution of this issue?? Any suggested instructions for my local BMW service center??

Also, perhaps the most disappointing performance feature with my 2009 750i Sport is the atrocious throttle "tip in" -- unbelievably unpredictable lag or lurch when pulling away from curb or traffic light!! Is there a software solution to tame my Bimbo Bipolar Biturbo??

SleepTight
12-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Also, perhaps the most disappointing performance feature with my 2009 750i Sport is the atrocious throttle "tip in" -- unbelievably unpredictable lag or lurch when pulling away from curb or traffic light!! Is there a software solution to tame my Bimbo Bipolar Biturbo??

Test drove a 2009 750LI yesterday and managed to experience the dreaded "tip in" gremlin. Was this fixed in 2010?

advocado
12-16-2009, 09:06 AM
The letters "BMW" show up in display when you start the car with the little lines under it similar to the ones under the speed and tach, not the BMW Logo. It is there for about 15 seconds. Goes away wether or not you shift it in gear. Hayden, do you get a large exclamation point in your heads up display when you exceed your set speed limit? That is another difference I noticed after my software/firmware.

Map looks cool. I do not have that.

How many miles did you have when car asked for oil? My car was thirsty at 5200 miles, and again at 10,500 miles. I keep oil in trunk for next time. I'm at almost 13,000 miles and I'm curious if it will ask for more when I get to 15K.
I had to add a quart @ 5,000 and again at 8,500. SA says it comes with the territory. I also keep a quart in the trunk.

advocado
12-16-2009, 10:01 AM
I've got the same problem. Way too few street names. I have version 1.2.8 Premium 2009-1. What's your version?

asaseaban
12-22-2009, 06:33 PM
After almost two weeks in the shop, car is back home with most of the problems fixed but not all.

I have attached pictures (sorry no scanner nearby) the detail work sheet/list of what the techs troubleshoot and resolve or didn't resolve.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=212660&stc=1&d=1261529845

For Job#2, the tech totally made the wrong statement because sometimes i turn on the car, there's no sound from the Radio regardless of what i do with the knob on the dash. But i'm happy to say the problem is gone now.

For Job#4, they got the OK to reprogram the car with the latest software update! WHEW!!! Finally.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=212661&stc=1&d=1261529871

For Job#5, they're lying because in my previous MY2009 F02 (Manufactured 2/09), the Zoom Mode was available and i have the same entertainment package on my current MY2009 F02 (Manufactured 9/09) and there's no Zoom Mode.

For Job#6, i was referring to "Split Screen Content" where you can select what shows up on the Split Screen. I know how to turn On/Off split screen but i couldn't choose what shows up. Anyhow, that's also fix now and i can use voice command "Split Screen Content" for the options to show up.

For Job#8, There's a new Map update 2010-1 which the SA was going to charge me $425. Yes, BMW has always charged for map updates or you can buy it from Navteq for $199 but not anymore with these HDD based maps. I called the parts department and they told me the map update was $210. Not sure why the SA was charging me $215 for labor even though all they had to do was download the map update and load it. However, the code that was given to the SA by BMW Engineers/Techs for the map update didn't work. They kept trying for two straight days but none of the code could update the map so eventually BMW Engineers/Tech notified the SA that the 2010-1 map update was not yet ready for the MY2009 FO2 and it should be ready by 2/2010. Aint that sh**
What makes this even more crazy was that the $425 was only for the map update and not the NAV OS 1.4.6 update. According to the SA 1.4.6 is for MY2010 cars which i think is another bs.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=212663&stc=1&d=1261531120

asaseaban
12-22-2009, 06:40 PM
One more wish list. Arrow Display should be restored (this was available in E65/66). The Arrow Display on the HUD is not the same as it is on the iDrive screen which i prefer.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=212664&stc=1&d=1261532308

advocado
12-23-2009, 10:28 PM
My dealer installed navigation 1.4.6 in my F02 (April '09) today at no charge. An accommodation. SA said that 1.4.6 was really not considered an upgrade, but that the version for Feb. '10 will be an upgrade (read "...charge for installing")

DJHakim
12-29-2009, 10:50 AM
OK, I speak from E90 land, but I may have some helpful info.

(1) Nav 1.4.6
An Oct 09 build E90 got 1.4.6 and a CIC replaced in Nov 09 got 1.4.6. Other than that, I have not seen an UPDATE get 1.4.6, I being one of them. Supposedly as of 12.23.2009, my dealer has not even received 1.4.6 install discs. I had the latest ISTA/P, but no latest nav. I gather from E90 cases that ver 1.4.6 and 2009-2 are available ONLY pre-installed. (BTW, if you can buy the map DVDs, you can load them yourself without a labor charge.) TeleAtlas is likely holding up the production/release of the discs.

[advocado owns the only post documenting an update loaded 1.4.6; maybe finally there is a 1.4.6 disc floating around recently?]

From what I can tell, the 1.4.6 fixes the lack of pop-up arrows and 2009-2 is the 1st *full* database for HDD iDrive. There are many issues with 2009-1 and I think it should be replaced under warranty. (e.g., I bet you can't find 1 Dunkin Donuts or other major US chains.)

(2) Presets issue
E90s have this problem. Latest E90 updates fix it and the issue IS warrantable! I suspect the same from other HDD iDrive users. The SA & I discovered that the true nature of the issue is that the Preset mode is forgotten when you switch from a station in one mode (FM/AM/Sat) to another (while not in the radio screen). For ex, switching from AM to AM does not reproduce the problem. Here is how I replayed the issue for the SA consistently WITHOUT shutting off the car:
1. Go to radio presets screen and select a preset (or do it w/voice commands).
2. Switch to a different screen/mode (like nav or phone).
3. Change the station using the arrow keys on steering wheel (or dash). (Ensure you cross at least 2 presets in different modes.)
4. Return to Radio mode. Note that Presets was not recalled.

If your dealer does not accept the presets issues as a warrantable fix, go to another dealer or call BMWNA cutomer relations.

I hope this helps!

Kilgore Trout
12-29-2009, 03:40 PM
I am not sure what you mean by "lack of pop up arrows." But I have the same issues under 1.46 with the arrow window that I had in earlier versions (My entire CIC had to be replaced because of a problem with the CD player and that is the reason I now have 1.46).

DJHakim
12-29-2009, 08:22 PM
autoJeff indicated this was fixed, but later retracted. So I retract, too! With ISTA/P 2.36.0, I do get pop-ups when split screen is active (whether or not screen content is arrow display).

hayden
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
(2) Presets issue
E90s have this problem. Latest E90 updates fix it and the issue IS warrantable! I suspect the same from other HDD iDrive users. The SA & I discovered that the true nature of the issue is that the Preset mode is forgotten when you switch from a station in one mode (FM/AM/Sat) to another (while not in the radio screen). For ex, switching from AM to AM does not reproduce the problem. Here is how I replayed the issue for the SA consistently WITHOUT shutting off the car:
1. Go to radio presets screen and select a preset (or do it w/voice commands).
2. Switch to a different screen/mode (like nav or phone).
3. Change the station using the arrow keys on steering wheel (or dash). (Ensure you cross at least 2 presets in different modes.)
4. Return to Radio mode. Note that Presets was not recalled.

If your dealer does not accept the presets issues as a warrantable fix, go to another dealer or call BMWNA cutomer relations.

I hope this helps!

I was able to reproduce the issue with your steps. Thanks!

DJHakim
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
BTW, I just read that North America Premium 2010_1 maps are now available to some dealers. They are in a set of labeled DVDs to be loaded onto the HDD. I suspect that the nav sys ver gets updated with these DVDs, too, but that is up for debate.

K-TOWN HUSTLER
01-09-2010, 03:16 AM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

I have a 2009 750Li (f02)
my question is does it matter if I have the sport or non sport for lowering the car?
like would the sport package only have 4 springs? and the non sport package have 2 springs and air in the rear/front?

any info?

what I want to know is, do I have springs and air in the rear or vice versa?

I know there are a few companies that offer lowering springs for the 750i but nothing yet for the f02 aka 750Li. only company who does is Hamann.

also, I thought by pressing the sport + or sport mode would lower the car, thats a NEGATIVE.

do I have air suspension or springs?

thank you very much

any help is appreciated.

wavebrad
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I am not sure if I just did not notice it or if something changed, but hopfully someone can enlighten me.....

I took my 750LI (non-sport) in to have Sirius and the iPhone cradle installed. When I got it back I noticed that I had an upgraded Nav version (1.4.6) and, to my surprise, Sport+ is an option. I did not think non-sport versions of the car had Sport+ and, although I only had the car for a week prior to putting it in the shop, I don't recall it as an option when switching ride settings. Could this have been done as a software upgrade or am I knucklehead and do all 750LI's have Sport+? I also noticed that the ride options shop up on the dash selector and they did not before.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hayden
01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I am not sure if I just did not notice it or if something changed, but hopfully someone can enlighten me.....

I took my 750LI (non-sport) in to have Sirius and the iPhone cradle installed. When I got it back I noticed that I had an upgraded Nav version (1.4.6) and, to my surprise, Sport+ is an option. I did not think non-sport versions of the car had Sport+ and, although I only had the car for a week prior to putting it in the shop, I don't recall it as an option when switching ride settings. Could this have been done as a software upgrade or am I knucklehead and do all 750LI's have Sport+? I also noticed that the ride options shop up on the dash selector and they did not before.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

All models have Sport +. Not just "Sport" package equipped models.

wavebrad
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
All models have Sport +. Not just "Sport" package equipped models.

Thanks Hayden - As expected - I am a knucklehead!

hayden
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
A new issue I discovered is that when on the phone (using the car's audio via bluetooth), if you open a door or remove your seat belt... the normal "gong" error sound you would get is amplified through the audio system at whatever volume you currently have it set at. Very annoying. As soon as you end the call, it goes back to the standard volume.

Anyone else experience this? I have my list of issues ready... just waiting for the new February software to be available. Can anyone confirm if it is ready yet?

Ryan009
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Audio problems.

I have a 2010 750li with X drive that is having very annoying audio cu-out issues. Happened the first time at about 400 miles. Just driving along and all sounds cut out, radio, CD, warning sounds, etc.

Dealer said system slipped into transport mode. They deleted that mode and said it wouldn't happen again.

It keeps happening. Turning the car off and back on has no effect. The radio comes back whenever it wants to. It's back at the dealer for the third time.

They tried updated software, didn't work. Now they are trying to replace the amplifier. After throwing a fit about the amp taking three weeks to get here, they are now telling me I am not the only one with this problem. They claim BMW has changed part numbers and vendors for the amp and the new one is just starting to show up.

The car is in now for the new amp. Has anyone heard of this before? Do you think the new amp will solve the problem?

hockeybimmer
01-03-2014, 10:15 PM
- Give me back the extending phone dialing keypad from my E66 - that was one of my favourite features! It was so easy to use without looking at it - and way faster than voice input.
- Blindspot detection lights (right and left) should also show up in the HUD - why make me turn my head to find out there is a vehicle in the blindspot? How about an acoustic warning as well?
- At any input place in iDrive I should be able to use voice to text (ie: to fill in the CITY selection when searching for something)
- SiriusXM channel icons / logos should be displayed
- Lane departure would be improved if the car steered back by itself the way an S-class does
- Rear camera would be improved if the lens was heated (so that snow and ice would melt off in the winter)
- I miss the two drawers for storage on the Bangle-mobile
- Front cup holders are in the way of the small storage and 12v outlet (my radar detector plug sticks into the right side cupholder)

I do love this car though...

Past:
2009 750iL
2005 750iL
2002 745i
1998 740Li
2002 x5
2000 530i
1998 328i

Popoemt
01-04-2014, 10:04 AM
- Blindspot detection lights (right and left) should also show up in the HUD - why make me turn my head to find out there is a vehicle in the blindspot? How about an acoustic warning as well?
- At any input place in iDrive I should be able to use voice to text (ie: to fill in the CITY selection when searching for something)
- Lane departure would be improved if the car steered back by itself the way an S-class does

These would be pretty sick, the tech is there for the HUD, it seems lame that the HUD only shows the speed and some nav stuff (speed limit info as well) (unless coded... and my idea is why should we have to code for things like radio/song stuff, seems safer to do it int he HUD and not looking down to the idrive)

:thumbup:

750Rick
01-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Find a better and more convenient location for the door lock\unlock switch.
Find a more convenient location for the trunk switch.
One push of the start stop button should be sufficient with the radio and other systems turning off when the driver door is opened.
Allow a user option to automatically lock the doors when you walk away from the car with the key fob.