PDA

View Full Version : Park/Stop shortcut

hayden
11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Has anyone else noticed that if you press Start/Stop when you park, it will automatically put the transmission in Park?

Saves one button push. ;)

(Unfotunately you'll still have to press Start/Stop again to fully turn off the car. :tsk: )

sunny_j
11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
in the E65/66 if you hold the start stop button it will put the car in park and eject the key. i dont know if its the same for the F01/02

hayden
11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
in the E65/66 if you hold the start stop button it will put the car in park and eject the key. i dont know if its the same for the F01/02

You no longer insert a key with the F01/F02.

louser
11-11-2009, 10:03 PM
(Unfotunately you'll still have to press Start/Stop again to fully turn off the car. :tsk: )[/QUOTE]

not sure about the US spec. but on mine if u press the start stop once the car will switch off but the radio and stuff will remain on. as soon as u get out the car and press the lock button everything goes off instantly. unless u guys dont lock your cars. i stay in south africa therefore locking is a must must must.

geeek204
11-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Yea, nice feature very similar to the e65/66. I usually just press the button once to turn off the car and put it in park. Then when I leave and lock the doors with comfort access the radio and other stuff turns itself off.

esk
11-12-2009, 07:27 AM
The problem with only pressing the button once is the comfort access feature - steering wheel moving up - does not occur. This only happens if you press the button twice. ** EDIT - I am wrong about this. Pressing the button once will leave the radio on, but the steering wheel will move up when the door is opened.

I live in NH and tend to keep my doors unlocked for a good deal of the time (in my garage and at work) so pressing the button twice is a must.