PDA

View Full Version : Suspension setting for rough road use

bmwoman
11-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I am very soon going to be a proud owner of a 2010 BMW 740Li. I am going to be driving on a stretch of rough road (stones, pebbles, sand etc) which leads to my office. I know that the car has 3 suspension/drivetrain settings Comfort / Normal / Sport. I know that in comfort mode the car suspension will make me feel like I am on a smooth road even if I am driving on rough road, and the Sport setting will allow me to feel every stone the car has run over. I want to know which is the best setting to use in order to prolong the mechanics, computers, sensors in the car. I feel that in the comfort mode the suspension computer and sensors will go crazy trying to keep the ride as smooth as possible. I do not want that to happen. Can anyone suggest what I should do?

All the help will be appreciated.

csmeance
11-10-2009, 01:54 PM
stick with comfort mode, all it does is soften the dampers and the driving dynamics so the car will be much more comfortable. Don't worry about breaking sensors and stuff, either it'll work or it won't. If it doesn't warranty will cover it anyway.

Trumpen
11-20-2009, 07:34 PM
I agree with csmeance. You're thinking way too much into it.