PDA

View Full Version : Are you enrolled?

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Is enrollment required to receive BMW Assist services?

Yes, subscribers are required to enroll at their preferred BMW center, or the service will be terminated approximately 60 days after your new vehicle is delivered.

In order to receive BMW Assist services, a subscriber agreement must be completed at your local BMW center and transferred to the BMW Assist Response Center.

This is a free 4 year/50,000 miles service. The Convenience Plan is $199 for 1 year or $498 for 2 years. Here is what you get with the Convenience Plan:

-BMW Search
-Directions
-Traffic
-Weather
-Concierge
-Critical Calling

I think if you're not satisfy with the Convenience plan you can cancel it within a month and get a full refund.

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 06:40 AM
I called 1-888-333-6118 (you can also use the SOS button in your car) to enquire about my account and i was told they (BMW Assist) have not received any documentation from my CA/Dealership to activate/enroll me. My CA is off today but i was able to get another CA to transmit my enrollment papers over. They want me to call back tomorrow to double-check my account is activated and configured properly.

BMR2009
11-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to do this tomorrow.

hayden
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
My CA walked me through the enrollment at his desk before delivering the car. He told me to use the SOS button to confirm activation after I drove off... which I did. They verified all my information with me while in the car.

BTW... the ability to transfer an address from Google to the car is very cool!

asaseaban
11-12-2009, 01:30 PM
My CA walked me through the enrollment at his desk before delivering the car. He told me to use the SOS button to confirm activation after I drove off... which I did. They verified all my information with me while in the car.

My CA forgot and i forgot too. It just dawn on me today and i took care of it.

Yes it is :thumbup:

BMR2009
11-15-2009, 11:40 AM

can you point me to that google transfer info.

asaseaban
11-15-2009, 03:08 PM
can you point me to that google transfer info.

1) Goto Google maps (http://maps.google.com/)
3) Search for a location/address (business, residence, etc)
4) Click on the location you searched and then click on Send
5) Click on Car
6) Under Make: click the drop-down button and select BMW
7) Under BMW Assist country: click the drop-down button and select BMW US
8) Under BMW Assist account name: enter the email address you registered with BMW Assist.
9) Click Send.
10) Get in your car, press the Menu button for the iDrive, select BMW Assist,
11) Select Messages and you should see MyInfo: and the address you send to the car.
12) Select that message and then select Guidance. It'll import the address into the Nav and start routing.

If it does't work, push the SOS button and someone will come online and verify your account is properly setup. You can also request for them to send you an address just to test if MyInfo is working in your car.

Have fun :)