PDA

View Full Version : Just missed the Frankfurt auto show :-(

jw
09-20-2003, 04:52 AM
Just got back from a delayed return from Germany/UK to DC and unfortunately missed the auto show. (thanks Isabel!!) We were in Frankfurt and tried desperately to reschedule our flight from Heathrow to DC so that we could stay in Frankfurt for the auto show. As of late Wednesday night, there weren't any flights open from Frankfurt - Dulles until Saturday. All in all, I'd rather spend a layover in Franfurt than London anyday!

That said, many guests at the hotel we stayed (Le Meridien) attended the show and we saw a few brochures before catching our flight to Heathrow. It looked to be very impressive!!

You're lucky Alex! Must have been a good show!!! :thumbup:

Alex Baumann
09-20-2003, 05:13 AM
Sorry to hear that you missed it. It's been a great show, very crowded though.

snewcrash
09-20-2003, 05:53 AM
The show was huge, but extremely crowded like Alex said. :thumbdwn: Rolls Royces are big cars. :D

Alex Baumann
09-20-2003, 06:04 AM
The show was huge, but extremely crowded like Alex said. :thumbdwn: Rolls Royces are big cars. :D

Speaking of big cars, did you have the chance to see the Maybach ? :yikes:

Pete Teoh
09-20-2003, 06:35 AM
Speaking of big cars, did you have the chance to see the Maybach ? :yikes:
I saw the Maybach at the Detroit Auto Show this year. Yes, that thing is HUGE. It's probably got more square footage than alee's apartment in NYC. :D

jw
01-31-2009, 06:08 PM
I wish I found this thread last week. I had to complete a security interview and needed to identify when/where I stayed in Frankfurt. I gave the wrong name of the hotel but was pretty close to the date. At least the time period will jive with what is uncovered from passport data investigation. Surprisingly, my memory wasn't half bad after 5 1/2 years. :D

I still regret not seeing the auto show. :(

Times must have changed if this was originally posted in General BMW forum. I wonder what it was back then.