PDA

View Full Version : Aux Input Question

tool119
09-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Question for anybody who's installed the Aux Connector for the radio per BMW's instructions...

With the jack in the back of the glovebox, does the glovebox door still shut with the input wire (from MP3 player, etc.) hanging out, or do you need to leave it open while driving around?

I suppose it's nit-noid, but I'm trying to figure out where to install the jack while waiting for the new ride to make the slow trip across the Atlantic.

Thanks!

mquetel
09-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Question for anybody who's installed the Aux Connector for the radio per BMW's instructions...

With the jack in the back of the glovebox, does the glovebox door still shut with the input wire (from MP3 player, etc.) hanging out, or do you need to leave it open while driving around?

I suppose it's nit-noid, but I'm trying to figure out where to install the jack while waiting for the new ride to make the slow trip across the Atlantic.

Thanks!

I haven't installed my AUX-IN yet, I've got all the parts and am still working on placement... so my comments are speculation:

I can't imagine that you would have any trouble closing the glovebox with the wire hanging out. I bet it will close just fine... I just don't think it will look very good.

I'm a bit torn between installing to the glovebox and then storing everything (wires, mp3 player etc.) in it, or attempting to install the AUX into the eurotray (cup holder replacement) in the center console. The center console approach could be a really clean install if I pull the AUX wire to this location. There is also switched 12V available under the center console also. The main thing it is dependant on is if an IPod or XM Roady will fit into the tray.

I've attached a photo of this alternative location:

rost12
09-23-2003, 09:04 AM
tool119 - I keep my iPod in the glove box and leave the remote control outside, so I actually have 2 wires hanging out and the glove box still closes just fine.

mquetel - Clean that interior right now! All that dust... :bawling:

mquetel
09-23-2003, 10:01 AM
mquetel - Clean that interior right now! All that dust... :bawling:

Actually I hosed the picture from this thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36681

I guess I should have given SpaceMonkey the credit so that he can be properly chastised... :spank:

Rost, I assure you my tray looks nothing like that!! :p

rost12
09-23-2003, 10:15 AM
I am certainly glad to hear that :beerchug: