PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!!! 93 Octane for 1.759! But...

OBS3SSION
09-23-2003, 08:14 PM
It's "unbranded".

I stopped this morning and scored a tankfull of 93 octane gas for $1.759 per gallon. Average price for 91 around here is $1.89 and 93 is more. Super Stop and Shop, a grocery store chain in these parts has been opening up gas stations in their parking lots.

The store near me just built a station in about 1.5 months. It opened last week. They advertise 93 for $1.859 and if you scan your store savings card at the pump, and extra $.10 per gallon is subtracted. How could I refuse?

The whole catch is, they sell unbranded gas. I suppose it can't be any worse than the Citgo I usually go to... or anywhere else I may stop.

Mr. The Edge
09-23-2003, 08:24 PM
:D

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41403

KP
09-24-2003, 12:44 AM
what do you mean "unbranded"? Most gas stations get their gas from local distributors who offer the best price I believe. The only companies that get their gasoline from their own distributor is Shell and Amoco. If you ask me, they are all the same, as long as it is 93, one shouldn't really have advatanges/disadvantages over another. Even though what you bought was "unbranded", that doesn't mean it's worse than the premium price some of the other well known franchise charge.