PDA

View Full Version : When is Navtech going to release their next update (Northeast)?

alee
09-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Just checked online and they're STILL on 2002.1 for the Northeast. :( I was really hoping to actually have map data for my annual leaf peeping pilgrimage to VT in October. The Route USA feature will get me to the town without a problem, but local navigation is going to have to be the old fashioned way. :(

Plaz
09-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Just checked online and they're STILL on 2002.1 for the Northeast. :( I was really hoping to actually have map data for my annual leaf peeping pilgrimage to VT in October. The Route USA feature will get me to the town without a problem, but local navigation is going to have to be the old fashioned way. :(

Have there been so many changes in the New England roads that you need a newer version than what's available?

alee
09-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Have there been so many changes in the New England roads that you need a newer version than what's available?
According to 2002.1, there are only 4 roads in Vermont. :D Seriously though, there is no detailed map data available for I believe VT and NH, so you can only use Route USA to get me into the state, after which you're on your own.

Plaz
09-24-2003, 08:58 AM
According to 2002.1, there are only 4 roads in Vermont. :D Seriously though, there is no detailed map data available for I believe VT and NH, so you can only use Route USA to get me into the state, after which you're on your own.

Wow, really? That's a major omission! I had no idea.

alee
09-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Wow, really? That's a major omission! I had no idea.
Actually correction... only the state of Vermont is missing. The rest of Map 6 has detailed city listings in 2002.1.

KP
09-24-2003, 01:07 PM
I was told every 6 months. Have you tried calling them? I never ordered another cd, I usually get them free from my salesmen when he gets a new one :D (it's really too much money to update every time). But then again, I'm sure they don't update their site very often.

alee
09-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Navtech Map 6 2003-1 was released last week. Just put my order in and bought the whole USA set. Allegedly, parts of Vermont are now included in Map 6. We'll see when I get my CDs later this week.