PDA

View Full Version : where to buy claybar

eugeneDC/TX
03-27-2002, 10:50 AM
i need somewhere to buy a claybar and some sort of lubricant. any suggestions as to brand and where? thanks all

johnlew
03-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
i need somewhere to buy a claybar and some sort of lubricant. any suggestions as to brand and where? thanks all

I got Griots w/Speedshine. Will probably use rinse from my second wash as lubricant. I defer to whatever Ripsnort advises.

31st330i
03-27-2002, 11:14 AM
on the forums over at autopia-carport.com, the Mother's kit is highly respected (considered one of the best if not *the* best). the good news is that you can get it at your local Kragen and I think even PepBoys for like ~$14 complete with a quick detailer spray for lubricant. good price on a good product.

johnlew
03-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 31st330i
on the forums over at autopia-carport.com, the Mother's kit is highly respected (considered one of the best if not *the* best). the good news is that you can get it at your local Kragen and I think even PepBoys for like ~$14 complete with a quick detailer spray for lubricant. god price on a good product.

Sounds like a product from heaven. :D

BS' Bimmer
03-27-2002, 12:17 PM
Yep! I've used the Mothers kit with great results!:thumb:

Guest84
03-27-2002, 12:47 PM
I've heard good things about Mothers, and naturally Griots.

Intermezzo
03-27-2002, 04:05 PM
Claymagic, sold at Autozone. $10 for the claybar and lubricant. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it works well. I've also heard great things about Griot's. Mothers and Zaino are the ones I've tried and they both work well. Zaino's is a bit more rubbery while the Mothers bar is a bit stickier.