PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks new place for DIY forums is dumb?

Pinecone
09-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Does this mean we now need an M and Z series DIY board? I never even really liked the separate 3 and 5 series DIY. Too much stuff is not series specific.

pNut
09-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Does this mean we now need an M and Z series DIY board? I never even really liked the separate 3 and 5 series DIY. Too much stuff is not series specific.

I actually like the individual 3 and 5 series DIY boards, because I rarely look at any boards not having to do with the 3 series. I don't really like having the sub-DIY boards because when viewing the main boards listing, you can't tell what the latest topic is for each of the boards (3 series, and 3 series DIY). It only seems to display the latest topic between both of the boards. Not that big a deal, but it's a little different than I am used to. I'll deal...

I voted that I liked it the way it used to be, before the latest change.

-Todd

Spectre
09-24-2003, 02:54 PM
I don't like it as a sub-forum for the same reason Todd mentions -- can't tell what the last topic was between the primary and sub-forum. :thumbdwn:

Artslinger
09-24-2003, 03:27 PM
I like the DIY forums all together. If I'm doing a DIY and need some info I do a search anyway. If anything the DIYs should be sorted by older thru the newer models.

andy_thomas
09-25-2003, 01:50 AM

Perhaps one DIY board would be better from a volume perspective, but I really like the idea of a separate DIY board. I'm sure it's important to some people, but it's hard work trawling through the "problem with my special ZHP central locking"/"hey, 43 cents for 93 octane here - geeze that's expensive!" type posts.

A more focused forum will also make it easier for people to contribute - or, at least, be more confident that their posts won't get lost in the mix.

Pinecone
09-29-2003, 03:43 PM
bump

cruztopless
09-29-2003, 06:12 PM
I like the old way of separating the 3er and 5er DIY forums. I like just going to the 3er forum since I don't own a 5. Although I too usually just do a search when I need to find something ... that is when the search is working.

I'm glad you posted this because I was wondering the same thing. :D

Pinecone
09-30-2003, 04:55 AM
The onlyt hing I saw with teh two forums is there are things that cross all model lines. Where do they go?

And people do post very model specific DIY in the model forum.

nowonder
10-04-2003, 05:32 PM
but what about a Z-DIY forum?

--nw

operknockity
10-04-2003, 11:40 PM
What about having a singe DIY forum for the general or model-nonspecific questions and sub-forums either for each series and/or models.

Pinecone
10-17-2003, 03:15 AM
I don't know aboutthe rest of you, but I notice a LOT less traffic in the DIY section. And more junk that should go there, on the General Board.

Bring back the old setup.

Jon Shafer
10-17-2003, 11:13 AM
I don't know aboutthe rest of you, but I notice a LOT less traffic in the DIY section. And more junk that should go there, on the General Board.

Bring back the old setup.

:angel:

Jon Shafer
10-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Okay, the 3-Series DIY will remain separate, but the 5-Series will
remain integrated.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=554153#post554153

Who says you can't please everybody??
;)

Alex Baumann
10-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks Chief ! :thumbup: :D