PDA

View Full Version : driver's side door lock won't turn

greenshenna
11-26-2009, 01:28 PM
When I use the lock from the inside or auto, like from the trunk, it works fine. I can't get it to turn from the outside. Is this an easy fix with some WD-40 without taking apart my door or panel?

supertech777
11-26-2009, 06:22 PM
order a new key they wear out . i had the same problem on my 95 525i . dont wait till you get stuck cause later on it wont turn your ignition either :thumbup:

greenshenna
11-29-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm not sure if it's my key because it works fine in all the other locks. Or does that not matter?

Bull City BMW
11-29-2009, 12:18 PM
I had the same problem with when I bought my car, but it eventually went away. I think I was getting used to how to open the locks at that time.

Alex_ander
07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same problem. Key works in trunk and passenger door and when turned in passenger door all doors get unlocked. When I'm inside with the doors closed I can lock/unlock the drivers side and that locks/unlocks all of them. But when I'm outside, I can put the key in and it wont turn more than slightly. Any tips?

I'm new to this forum, and haven't seen any appropriate fixes yet.

BmwMan92
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
hey bro saw you on the e36 forum does your key just not work or does it not go in? and do you actually live in seattle?

Alex_ander
07-15-2010, 05:34 PM
hey bro saw you on the e36 forum does your key just not work or does it not go in? and do you actually live in seattle?

Hey man, key goes in fine and I can turn it to about 1 o'clock and then it stops. Feels like there is interference of some sort. And yes, I am in beautiful North Seattle but stuck in the office on this super sunny day : )

kitia
07-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I have the same problem. I can open all the doors except the drivers side. I can lock it though!

supertech777
07-20-2010, 03:50 PM
like I said a few months ago get yourself a new key simple as that , these keys are soft and in time they wear off ....

SGT Adams
07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
It's the locking actuator (sp?) inside the door. My passenger door did it, and now both my back doors have the same problem. In fact, the back doors now no longer lock, I need new actuators there now too. It's pretty common here with BMW's and the junkyard normally never has any. But I would try that, versus a new key. Once I replaced the actuator in the passenger door, it worked again.
This is just a suggestion, you may not have the same problem I did. But this is the most common reason where I live, that the locks go out.