PDA

View Full Version : Touring feels like its wavering

BrothaMansWhip2
11-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Lately my touring feels like it just want to glide across the lanes when I drive. Almost as if I have not control over the steering. I'm trying to upgrade the suspension before winter hits too hard here in Michigan.
First... what should I be looking at as the culprit for the wavering/ swaying of the car?

Second...Where should I be looking ? A good reputable seller/person to buy a suspension system? Possibly a fellow forum member?

Also...what size tires can I put on my factory rims/wheels?

BrothaMansWhip2
11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
34 e34 owners and no one has an idea???

nmp411
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
The steering arm on the steering box should have a bushing that connects it to the steering linkages, this can go bad and cause what you are talking about.
Also, the steering box may need tightened up. Look in the bentley manual for some help on how to do this.
An alignment may be in order as well.

I have this problem too, I haven't done much to try to help it yet though. Good luck!

BrothaMansWhip2
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks. I have the Bentley in pdf on my comp. I sent you an email about some parts also

nmp411
11-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks. I have the Bentley in pdf on my comp. I sent you an email about some parts also

Recently? I don't think I got it, if I did I would have replied.
What were you looking for? You can PM me if you would like.

BrothaMansWhip2
11-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Front grill
Headlamps
Seats
Wheels

nmp411
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Front grill
Headlamps
Seats
Wheels

Hmm, I don't think I ever got that email....

I do have a narrow grille, green in color. I also have the plastic grille trims between the headlights.

No headlights though, sorry.

Seats- I have a set of grey non-heated/non-memory seats

Wheels- I have a couple spare bottle cap wheels. But I could get you a set of E30 M3 wheels if you are interested in those. Direct bolt up to e34s. They look almost identical (they may be identical) to the e34 basketweaves.

Let me know if you are interested in any of these things.
Thanks!

BrothaMansWhip2
11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Mos Def interested in the rims. How much and what size are they?

BrothaMansWhip2
11-30-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm also looking for the grill that the fog lights sit in.. right underneath the front bumper

nmp411
11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Mos Def interested in the rims. How much and what size are they?

I could do $350 plus shipping for the wheels if that is ok with you.
They are 15 inch.
They look just like this
http://www.bimmers.com/m3/gallery/morelli/wheel.jpg

I'm also looking for the grill that the fog lights sit in.. right underneath the front bumper

Do you mean the piece in between the fog lights? Or the brackets for the fog lights?

attack eagle
12-06-2009, 04:40 AM
rear subbframe mounts.

rear dogbones, by design the rear trailing arm bushings are non-rigid, as they must be to allow suspension flex.

BrothaMansWhip2
12-06-2009, 08:11 AM
But its not the rear that feels like its wavering, it feels like the front is wavering. In addition, i have jackstands and jacks so I think I am prepared to do suspension even in this cold ass michigan weather.. Any tips??

attack eagle
12-29-2009, 12:59 AM
thrust arms then possibly.

injunmort
12-29-2009, 08:36 AM
thrust arms and control arms. fcp groton has front end kits for about $300.00 and will tighten the front end nicely. these cars are notorious for being hard on the control and thrust arms. not a difficult job just follow bentley. when the arms start to go it is not long before the handling completely fails and the car is almost undrivable over 30mph. fwiw