PDA

View Full Version : DIY- 06+ 750Li HID Fog Install

6spdg37s
11-29-2009, 08:08 AM
I did this over the weekend as it was kinda warm in NJ.
WARNING: Im not responsible if you fk anything up. This is for informational purposes only.

tools: paint can key, allen key set, electrical tape.

Step 1: took paint can key and popped off plastic fog light cover

Step 2: take allen key and unscrew the one bolt holding the fog light housing in

Step 3: fog light housing should now slip free from hold

Note: without dropping the bumper you will not be able to remove the housing from the bumper. I did not drop the bumper.

Step 4: Drivers side: Is more complicated as there is a resiovar directly behind the fog light in the bumper. Simply push the housing down and to the left ( towards the passenger side) now you are able to remove the 9006 bulb (Simply twist counterclockwise to undue)

Step 5: insert the 9006 HID bulb turn clockwise to secure in housing

Step 6: make all connections (HID KITS are plug and play therefore you should be able to figure this out plus instructions included with most kits)

Step 7: tape all connections

Step 8: mount ballast (due to the tight area on the drivers side i pushed it to the left you can see this thru the grille a little bit and 3m double sided taped it down.

step 9: follow reverse directions and install again

Passenger side:

follow step 1-3 again

step 4: it is much much easier to do on the passenger side. There is so much room to work. follow the same steps up to step 8:

Step 8: mounted the ballast along the solid piece down and to the right (towards the driverside with 3m double sided tape)

step 9: follow reverse directions step 1-3 and finally check the lights

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THEM PREVIOUS TO REINSTALLING that is up to you depending on how you do your work

Final product!!
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h178/jdactl/fogs.png

sorry there are no pics during the process however, if i have some free time i will go back and snap a few pics