PDA

View Full Version : first timmer

paquette6450
11-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi.Names Ron, I have traded a boat for a 95 540i," for resale ".Had to drive it one hour to get home so that Ican list it in the adverting system.Funny thing Its been three month now and I have to face the facts, Its here to stay .I repair boat ,motor, sled, bike ,quads cars, truck,ect.Im a 50 year and never drove something so solid, smoth, fast,comfertable,good looking,quite,ect. Ijust Im hooked that why Im here today is to see if I can get referance on the fuel system,cause it wont rev. past 4000 rpm. and it fell like a 3 cylinder automobile . must be fix please help

jimoreno
12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
I strongly suggest that you get the maintenance manual if you are going to keep it. It is published by Robert Bentley publishers and it is a bible for these cars. If you haven't done it yet, I might suggest doing a full tune up including changing the fuel filter (depending on the manufacture date it might have two) and they are located by the right rear tire. After that, remove the plastic covers over the coiks/spark plugs and look for oil in there. If it collects and reaches a certain level it can damage the ignition coils (this car has eight of them!).
Good Luck!

Mark@EAC
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
google bmw TIS, it will help.

sounds like the e34 540i really sucked you in! welcome to the addiction. If you need an affordable source for parts shoot me a message, I have whatever you will need.