PDA

View Full Version : I think I saw an X3 today in Burbank, CA!

Bruce128iC
09-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Just got back from Burbank Airport and swear I saw a blue (kind of like Topaz) X3 driving down the street. It was going in the opposite direction of me, but the kidney grill was unmistakeable and it was definitely NOT an X5. Plus the taillights were not the same as an X5 either. Perhaps they are testing it around town or is it out already? :dunno:

EdCT
09-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Just got back from Burbank Airport and swear I saw a blue (kind of like Topaz) X3 driving down the street. It was going in the opposite direction of me, but the kidney grill was unmistakeable and it was definitely NOT an X5. Plus the taillights were not the same as an X5 either. Perhaps they are testing it around town or is it out already? :dunno:

I saw one here in the NYC area back at the end of august.

It was unmistakable, I had to do a double-take.

I figured it was either an early dealer demo or being tested.

Frankly, I was underwhelmed....zzzzzzzzzz

Ed

autobahn
09-28-2003, 11:44 AM

You sure it wasn't the X5 with the 2004 facelift?

Bruce128iC
09-28-2003, 11:54 AM
You sure it wasn't the X5 with the 2004 facelift?
You know, I considered that, but this car definitely did NOT have X5 taillights. Now that I've thought more about it, it probably WAS an X3. BMW does a lot of testing of their new vehicles in So Cal, especially the area around where I live since the Hollywood Hills are right here and they can run the cars up and down the mountain roads to see how they perform. I saw a new 5 series about 6 months ago on Laurel Canyon. So, I think what I saw probably WAS an X3. :dunno: