PDA

View Full Version : 540i auto engine into manual car ASC!!!!

BOLTEYES-82
12-05-2009, 01:23 AM
hello all,

i have a 6 speed manual late 94 540i, which appears to have head gasket trouble i also have my old car a 94 540i auto, i know i can use the engine long as i change the flywheel and fit the bearing in the crankshaft cavity.

However i have been worrying about a potential new problem the manual car has ASC control but the auto doesnt it appears the only difference is at the throttle body air supply itself i.e. different elbow and extra TPS and some sort of actuator?

does anyone have any experience if i swap the engines then swap all the throttle body piping over this be ok and will the ASC still work???

any help id begrateful thanks

BMR_LVR
12-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I wish I could offer an answer. I just didn't want you to think that nobody was going to help you (free bump:)). The E34 forum is less active than some of the others. There are some very knowledgeable people here (especially Chad) that will likely chime in with some good advice.

Let us know how it goes if you do the swap.

yaofeng
12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
The only problem I have left after doing the 6 speed conversion is the ASC+T light being on all the time. It remained so when my daughter wrecked it in March. Now I moved the 6 speed drive train to a 530it it is still on. I am also trying to find a resolution to it.

jimoreno
12-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Just swap the engine itself and keep the intake from the car and you shouldn't have any problem. IIRC, this is part of the ABS computer that's already in the car. There's nothing in the motor itself specific to the ASC besides the additional butterfly in the intake.