PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bangle on CBS Sunday Morning

WILLIA///M
09-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Coming up now after the commercial break. I just happened to hear the announcement surfing through channels this morning. Sounds like an interview with him.

edit: Apparently not directly after this break. I guess I'll have to watch it. Unless it conflicts with Sports Reporters on ESPN. :eeps:

Pete Teoh
09-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Cool interview. Bangle rules! :supdude:

Alex Baumann
09-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Not a cheerful way to start your Sunday, eh ? :eek:

Alex Baumann
09-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Cool interview. Bangle rules! :supdude:

:slap:

Good Morning, Pete ! :p

nate
09-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up, it is about to come on here in central time...

Pete Teoh
09-28-2003, 08:43 AM
:slap:

Good Morning, Pete ! :p
:bustingup

Mr. The Edge
09-28-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up, it is about to come on here in central time...

It's already over here in Central time :confused:

nate
09-28-2003, 09:15 AM
It's already over here in Central time :confused:
varies by station.

Still hasn't been on yet...

IndyMike
09-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Don't have the time nor patience for the boob-tube this morning. Can someone capsulize what the blunder-kind, er, rather wunder-kind (and boy do I wunder about that kind), babbled about?

Or would it require one to snort a few lines to make out anything intelligible of it?

nate
09-28-2003, 09:32 AM
He didn't really talk about much, nothing significant.

But, damn, the Z4 is hot.

IndyMike
09-28-2003, 09:45 AM
He didn't really talk about much, nothing significant.

But, damn, the Z4 is hot.
Thanks, Nate-O!

And many of us would like the Z4 a lot more if it were used to run him over with. It would make a great episode for 'The Hire'. :angel:

Yes, I'm j/k folks!

jw
09-28-2003, 09:53 AM
The interview was more biographical in nature with an emphasis on how he's turning the automotive design industry on it's end.

The wife and I always TiVo this show. It makes for some decent tube during Sunday morning bagels and coffee.

Artslinger
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
The interview was more biographical in nature with an emphasis on how he's turning the automotive design industry on it's end.

The wife and I always TiVo this show. It makes for some decent tube during Sunday morning bagels and coffee.

Automotive design industry on it's end... more like BMW design on it's end. I don't see anyone following BMW's new design trends. :dunno:

Mr. The Edge
09-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Automotive design industry on it's end... more like BMW design on it's end. I don't see anyone following BMW's new design trends. :dunno:

future S-class?

:eek:

The HACK
09-29-2003, 02:10 PM

Seen the Maybach? Or how about the newest Merc. Concepts? Audi MMI?

Artslinger
09-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Seen the Maybach? Or how about the newest Merc. Concepts? Audi MMI?

Daimler-Chrysler has been far more forward thinking and experimental with their designs then BMW. If anything Bangle is following Daimler-Chrysler.

You may see the similarity in design influence I don't.

jw
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM

I think you're missing the point. Mostly because of your love for BMW "styling" and their automobiles. Can't say I blame you.

What Bangle has succeeded in doing is taking automobile design to a new level. Like it or not, the general automotive industry has realized this fact and Bangle and his designs are winning awards to confirm.

:dunno:

gp330
10-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Automobile magazine said the new 6-series looks (sadly) like a "bloated Pontiac Sunfire".

I am a die-hard BMW fan but they are right. If you look close enough it looks like they are chasing Pontiac in the styling dept. The new rear of the 7, 6, 5 all look like Pontiacs. And the 6 front definitely looks like the Sunfire and new Grand Prix.