PDA

View Full Version : Non Heated Seats to heated Seats??

94Touring
12-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Is the wiring harness on the vehicle side of the seat connector set up with the heated seat wiring in non heated seat cars?

I know other vehicles (like my truck) are prewired with every option in the harness even though not all cars are fully optioned....

I would really like to find some heated leather seats out of another car and swap them in place of my non heat vinyls.

What do you guys think??

nmp411
12-08-2009, 07:39 AM
I am almost certain you need to swap the wiring harness as well. I know in the earlier models you do, and I'm pretty sure it's the same for later models.

I will be doing this soon too!

BrothaMansWhip2
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm planning on doing this as well in the next few weeks. Let me know how it goes..

jenlex
12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Check underneath the seats there is a white connector.If you do not see it maybe it is hidden underneath the carpet.then you know that it is there or not.If so then it makes life a lot easier;)

Alex

Dynamic Entry
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah check under the seat, under the carpet. My non-power non-heated 1991 525iA had the harnesses just sitting there waiting for me, so yours may have them too.

But mine is Euro-spec from Japan, so who knows what the USDM ones have - what with those free-form headlights and all.....

jenlex
12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I know that the older models you have a better change then the latest ones.BMW tried to save money by not installing "high" Wiringharnesses in the newer cars.......

Alex