PDA

View Full Version : Munich trip report

David Keogh
09-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Have to file trip reports for work, so I thought I'd file a Bimmerfest trip report while I was at it.

Just got to Munich after a week in London. Went to both Avis and National at the airport to get a Bimmer, and lo and behold both companies have strict contracts with MB, so they have no BMW's! I had to rent through those two companies for expensing purposes, so I got a C200 diesel.

And in Munich no less! It's terrible.

Aside from that little let down, this is an excellent time to be in Munich, apparently. Something about....Oktoberfest. ;-)

Edit:

The beer tents are nuts, but very friendly in some of the tents with an older crowd. Beer by the litre. Whew!

Have seen lots of the new 5's around town. Better from behind in person than I thought, but still weird side profile. In general, they don't stand out at all. I'm going to try to make it to the BMW museum, or whatever it is folks go see here.

Bruce128iC
09-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Have to file trip reports for work, so I thought I'd file a Bimmerfest trip report while I was at it.

Just got to Munich after a week in London. Went to both Avis and National at the airport to get a Bimmer, and lo and behold both companies have strict contracts with MB, so they have no BMW's! I had to rent through those two companies for expensing purposes, so I got a C200 diesel.

And in Munich no less! It's terrible.

Aside from that little let down, this is an excellent time to be in Munich, apparently. Something about....Oktoberfest. ;-)

Edit:

The beer tents are nuts, but very friendly in some of the tents with an older crowd. Beer by the litre. Whew!

Have seen lots of the new 5's around town. Better from behind in person than I thought, but still weird side profile. In general, they don't stand out at all. I'm going to try to make it to the BMW museum, or whatever it is folks go see here.
Wow, I'm very jealous of your trip! Have a great time! :thumbup:

tgravo2
09-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Munchen is a great place. Have fun! :D

Tanning machine
09-29-2003, 09:13 AM
I'm going to try to make it to the BMW museum, or whatever it is folks go see here.

Take the tour!! Call in advance for a reservation. English on Mondays and Fridays.

David Keogh
10-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Take the tour!! Call in advance for a reservation. English on Mondays and Fridays.

Dammit, never ended up having time to go. Next time... Am heading pu to Denmark tomorrow morning, but this week in Germany has been fantastic. I'm a big fan of kartoffelsalat. I've eaten way too much of it. ;-)