PDA

View Full Version : Pulling my hair out...92 525i

japbike736
12-10-2009, 06:54 PM
After 3 or 4 weeks of my door locks, windows and sun roof working fine, today nothing works....I do not think this car will ever be the same after being in the flood last April..One thing I noticed this time is the power window switches do not light up....Inside lights work in the manual position but will not come on when the door is opened...The wipers only work on the high setting and will stop where ever they are when turned off...I love this car. It runs like a top , has many new parts and would go anywhere but it is driving me nuts!!! Im sure alot of you have seen my threads about this car.....Any more idea's on what I can try???:mad:

Tourburgring
12-10-2009, 09:54 PM
One of the Electronic Modules known as the "General Module" controls many of the items you mention you are having trouble with. It's possible moisture got inside and over time has caused corrosion that is now affecting the electrical systems. It is one of the larger units located under the LH rear passenger seat. Check section 610 in the Bentley Manual for the exact location. The neighbouring "Relay Module" could also be similarly affected and will also cause problems.

nmp411
12-10-2009, 11:20 PM
If you want to give the RM and GM (relay and general modules) a try as suggested above, I've got a set of them boxed up and ready to be shipped out to you if you are interested. $45 shipped gets them!

Also, has your ecu been replaced since the flood?