PDA

View Full Version : the drivers side door lock will not open any ideas

heinz_BMW
12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
i have a 1990 525i works great but today i when to go for a drive stuck the key in the door to unlock it but the drivers door would not unlock all the other doors did and all windows and other thing still work but the drivers side door will not open i cant even pull up the lock tab on the inside i have been reading over forums and i have not found any thing about in because i still have full power to all other fechers in the car does any one have any clue at what could be going on with it

nmp411
12-13-2009, 06:24 PM
It would be your front door lock actuator. It is a solenoid that when it goes bad it just freezes in whatever position it is in.
Best to buy used from someone parting out an e34, but make sure it is a pre-1993 model year, they changed the design of it then. The dealership will charge $100+ for that piece.

I've got one left, but I need to replace mine so I'm going to have to keep it for myself.

Good luck though!

heinz_BMW
12-19-2009, 12:08 AM
turns out that the lock pin had become jamed i dont no how or why but all i had to do was remove door pannel tack lock of and reset but thx for all input