PDA

View Full Version : mtech bumpers

sde30
12-23-2009, 05:05 PM
ok i have a 87 e30 vert. ive been looking for a mtech kit. all of the pix i've seen have the bumper already installed. now my questions is, does the mtech kit have both the bumper portion and valance? or do i have to do the facelift to accomplish the clean all painted look? so far i have not seen a pre-facelift with mtech valances so im assuming the kit comes with a plastic style complete bumper. am i correct?

anstead610
12-23-2009, 05:51 PM
im assuming you mean mt2, i believe mt2 will NOT fit your car. you would have to buy a fiber glass replica and modify it. only the front bumper/valance should fit your car. although mt2 is a euro option. if you are talking about mt1, that was also only a euro option. but mt1 will fit your car with euro metal bumpers.

if that's not what you're asking, you completely lost me.

fcsteve
12-23-2009, 05:53 PM
question needs to be clarified . way too vague.

sde30
12-23-2009, 06:13 PM
sorry it just that all the sites selling the "m tech" bumpers list it for 84-91 and they do not state if it's a full bumper or just valance.

anstead610
12-23-2009, 06:34 PM
sorry it just that all the sites selling the "m tech" bumpers list it for 84-91 and they do not state if it's a full bumper or just valance.

there is no m tech that fits both early models and late models. the mt2 will NOT fit an early model and an mt1 will NOT fit a late model

EDIT: only fronts will work with each other

sde30
12-23-2009, 06:46 PM
oh okay thanks. thats what i was looking for. all these body kit websites don't say this so i assumed it's all the same. so if i were to do the face lift plastic bumpers i would be looking for the mt2 bumpers correct? cuz just thinking about the mt1 with metal bumpers is annoying me haha.

anstead610
12-23-2009, 09:10 PM
reading what you type, really hurts my brain and eyes. if your car came with plastic bumpers, you COULD use the mt2. if your car came with the big aluminum bumpers with no metal rear valance, you can only fit metal euro bumpers on your car. which look good.

sde30
12-23-2009, 09:40 PM
well i was thinking of doing the plastic bumper conversion then adding on the mt2 kit due to the fact that i think the metal bumpers are hideous.

anstead610
12-23-2009, 11:45 PM
whats the point of taking all the time modifying the plastic rear bumper to fit, and then getting an mt2 kit to modify to put on. get the fiberglass mt2 kit if you're going to cut it up to make it fit an early model. send fcsteve 300 PMs on how to modify it to fit. the mt2 on my early model is from him.

sde30
12-24-2009, 12:00 AM
oh ok. thanks for the info. now all my questions are answered.

_Ethrty-Andy_
12-24-2009, 12:10 AM
just for clarification, MT2 is not a bodykit as such. it does not mount over the top of the factory bumpers, it has bumpers in its own right

sde30
12-24-2009, 12:44 AM
thats what i wanted to know. i was questioning wether the mt2 kits were just the valance or if it was the entire "bumper" thanks a ton guys.

anstead610
12-24-2009, 12:59 AM
wait wait wait. OEM euro option MT2 is it's own bumper/valance. FIBERGLASS replica MT2 is just a hollow, no mounting point whatsoever piece of fiberglass. the FIBERGLASS replica bumpers fit over the cores of the plastic bumpers. the FIBERGLASS mt2 front valance fits over the late model front valance. you have to find your own way to mount said fiberglass bumpers/valances.

_Ethrty-Andy_
12-24-2009, 08:58 PM
wait wait wait. OEM euro option MT2 is it's own bumper/valance. FIBERGLASS replica MT2 is just a hollow, no mounting point whatsoever piece of fiberglass. the FIBERGLASS replica bumpers fit over the cores of the plastic bumpers. the FIBERGLASS mt2 front valance fits over the late model front valance. you have to find your own way to mount said fiberglass bumpers/valances.

sorry you are correct. i was forgetting he would be using fake as opposed to real (no offence intended). The real MT2 bumpers dont stick out as far as the "plastic" bumpers do though