PDA

View Full Version : ContiExtremeSports

WLN1951B
10-06-2003, 01:43 PM
As a new owner of a 325i SP, manual, I need to consider the winter tire issue. I live in MD and so most winters are fairly mild, but some years, we can get bunches of snow (fortunately, my commute is short). After reading the many threads, I know many owners have opted for a separate set of wheels/tires and not go the all-season route (with very good results).
However, looking at the all-season tire ratings, the ContiExtremeSports stand out as a 'possible' contender for my situation. Do any of you have real-life experience with these tires as your all-around tire?
If this issue has been discussed before, my apologies. Thanks in advance.

AF
10-06-2003, 02:07 PM
From my research, I'm going to be getting a set for my winter wheels . . . I think they should work out well for the little snow we get here in NY

Nick325xiT 5spd
10-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Geeze, a guy with a garage, floor jack and who plans to buy an electric impact wrench is buying all seasons? I don't know why you don't get real winter tires and just swap them on for a week or two when needed, Alan.

AF
10-06-2003, 02:33 PM
I have thought about it but I don't want to lose the performance of my car for most of the winter when I might only need a snow tire for 3 to 5 days of the year plus last year my Contitourings got me through the winter beautifully.

It really didn't feel like I sacrificed anything as far as driving in the snow was concerned . . . I didn't skid once & I never came close to getting stuck

If I lived in a very snowy climate then winter tires would be my choice . . .