PDA

View Full Version : where to start for improvements

JJTynan
01-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm new to this forum, I picked up a "83 320i for 500 had some front end damage burnt up clutch its been sitting for years and has only 90'000 miles on it. I have replaced the core support so far ( took a while cutting spot welds) just need to replace the clutch and give it a good tune up to get it on the road.

As of my question, what or where would be the best place to start making improvements to this car. I have plans of doing some autocross racing. I don't have much for time on my hands because of the needs of the Marine's ( c-130 mechanic), so things that could be done over a couple of days would be good. Any info would help thank you.

PBC///2.7
01-16-2010, 12:16 PM
repair it,go sport suspion,rims tires,brake up grade and than do a driving school at a track near you....

Moeman10
01-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Well if the body is in good shape, and you're planning on autocrossing. I'd start with a suspension overhaul, Shocks, Struts, Springs, Coilovers. Then grab some camber plates. Maybe new headers, intake, exhaust. lightened interior? or is this going to be a DD as well?

JJTynan
01-16-2010, 09:02 PM
heres the car and some work I've done. it now has a the front end 90% back together. I'm not apposed to stripping the interrior out because i was thinking of a cage

QuoteWarz Insurance
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
You can always start with all the basics like exhaust, intake, tune-up, etc. Then if you really want to get crazy you could do the cage, wheels, tires, suspension and that is when the real fun begins.

PBC///2.7
01-22-2010, 11:34 AM
before adding power..see post 2 and go from there...on less you have done some driving sckool like what the BMWCA offers...

Kamakazi21
07-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Try Bav. Auto, good stuff for a good price . . .

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp#undefined