PDA

View Full Version : Corey Lista Sub enclosure

Frank Rizzo
10-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Got rid of the stealth boxes and installed a custom sub endlosure made by Corey Lista in Florida. It's like night and day. Now I actually have clean low frequencies.....!
It's filled with one 12' Image Dynamics driver:

http://photos.imageevent.com/frankrizzo/e46bmw/websize/s1.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/frankrizzo/e46bmw/websize/s2.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/frankrizzo/e46bmw/large/s3.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/frankrizzo/e46bmw/huge/s4.JPG

BillP
10-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Frank,

Good to see you on the 'Fest.

Three questions for you:

* Do you have contact info for the guy in Florida?
* How much does he charge?
* Does he make enclosures for cars other than the E46?

Thanks,
Bill

Frank Rizzo
10-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Frank,

Good to see you on the 'Fest.

Three questions for you:

* Do you have contact info for the guy in Florida?
* How much does he charge?
* Does he make enclosures for cars other than the E46?

Thanks,
Bill

Ooops, sorry - forgot the contact info.
Enclousre was $299, driver was $199.
Corey Lista: t00h0t@tampabay.rr.com.

Ask him about other cars, sorry - I don't know.

nealh
10-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Ooops, sorry - forgot the contact info.
Enclousre was $299, driver was $199.
Corey Lista: t00h0t@tampabay.rr.com.

Ask him about other cars, sorry - I don't know.

I emailed him and he does not make them for an E39..at least that is what he told me..I live in Brandon, FL easy driving distance to buy it...

Hmm..$500 for sub with enclosure...a bit more than I hoped to spend but it sure looks nice...

siciliano
10-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Talk about luck...

I am now looking for a Sub... and I live in Tampa...

This is great - thanks for the post Frank.

Tony

LordByron
10-21-2003, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Frank Rizzo]Got rid of the stealth boxes and installed a custom sub endlosure made by Corey Lista in Florida. It's like night and day. Now I actually have clean low frequencies.....!
It's filled with one 12' Image Dynamics driver:

I'm looking to get a 12" sub but I'm not sure what how much power I should buy for my amp..... I heard that if I buy an amp w/ too much power I might blow my sub... does anyone know?

BTW nice setup... too expensive for me though... what kind of amp do u have there ?

Thanks

siciliano
10-21-2003, 10:56 PM
I emailed him and he does not make them for an E39..at least that is what he told me..I live in Brandon, FL easy driving distance to buy it...

Hmm..$500 for sub with enclosure...a bit more than I hoped to spend but it sure looks nice...

Did it take him long to get back to you? I still haven't heard back from him... maybe on vacation? Do you know where his shop is nealh? I live in Westchase, so I'm sure he's close by...

Thanks
Tony
tsicilia@tampabay.rr.com

nealh
10-22-2003, 05:23 AM
Did it take him long to get back to you? I still haven't heard back from him... maybe on vacation? Do you know where his shop is nealh? I live in Westchase, so I'm sure he's close by...

Thanks
Tony
tsicilia@tampabay.rr.com

Tony:

He got back to me after I re-emailed him...I do not think he has a shop..Not really sure of his setup but he told me show the pics to an installer and have them make it

He lives I believe in St. Pete

I live in Brandon, FL

Frank Rizzo
10-23-2003, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=LordByron
I'm looking to get a 12" sub but I'm not sure what how much power I should buy for my amp..... I heard that if I buy an amp w/ too much power I might blow my sub... does anyone know?

BTW nice setup... too expensive for me though... what kind of amp do u have there ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It depends on the driver. The ID driver I have is really happy with 250W, if you got one of those JL drivers, it might need more like 500.

LordByron
10-23-2003, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=LordByron

Thanks

It depends on the driver. The ID driver I have is really happy with 250W, if you got one of those JL drivers, it might need more like 500.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info... now I know approx. what to get

dbrock
10-27-2003, 05:58 AM
The more power the better....You'll get better response out of the sub and less distortion and cliping. In other words, your probably less likely to blow it up if you have a lot of power, and you can adjust the gains on the amp so you don't have to worry about getting too much bass.

LordByron
10-27-2003, 09:04 AM
The more power the better....You'll get better response out of the sub and less distortion and cliping. In other words, your probably less likely to blow it up if you have a lot of power, and you can adjust the gains on the amp so you don't have to worry about getting too much bass.

Thats what I needed to know

thanks a lot !!!

dbrock
10-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Thats what I needed to know

thanks a lot !!!

No problem.