PDA

View Full Version : stereo connectors?

Scooter086
10-11-2003, 10:25 PM
the back fabric in my trunk hangs down, and when i pulled it down more to see how it was held up, i found some connectors. one looked like an ethernet cable, one a female parallel connector, and a coaxial cable connector like you'd use to get cable tv.

i searched and found somthing in the forums about a stereo cable looking like an ethernet cable. think the other ones are stero cables too? i have an alpine 6 disk changer in my trunk, but the cable runs toward the other side of the car.

thanks

BillP
10-12-2003, 05:13 PM
A photo would be tremendously helpful.

I can't provide definite answers to your questions and I'm unsure what ICE were available for your model/year car, but unused connectors in the back of the car could be for:

* Phone - I think that may be the "female parallel connector"
* NAV - I *believe* the coax may be for it
* CD Changer - should be the ethernet (though RJ-11, not RJ-45), though it sounds like that's not it
* Passenger ejection seat control module - OK, that one's a long-shot :p

Bill

nealh
10-12-2003, 07:21 PM
* Passenger ejection seat control module - OK, that one's a long-shot :p

Bill

LMAO

Scooter086
10-16-2003, 03:20 PM
can i really get passenger ejection??!!! :rofl:

sometimes i wish i had it, when i'm driving my friends brother home from school, he can be a pain in the ass.

as for the pics, i should find the camera today and post some pics. i can't remember where it is, or if i took pics yet. :D

CWolfey
11-09-2003, 05:39 PM
the back fabric in my trunk hangs down, and when i pulled it down more to see how it was held up, i found some connectors. one looked like an ethernet cable, one a female parallel connector, and a coaxial cable connector like you'd use to get cable tv.

i searched and found somthing in the forums about a stereo cable looking like an ethernet cable. think the other ones are stero cables too? i have an alpine 6 disk changer in my trunk, but the cable runs toward the other side of the car.

thanks

That is the phone cable and antenna.

Scooter086
11-10-2003, 09:02 PM
that would make sense, considering the car used to have a phone installed. i can see where it used to be mounted.

thank you for clearing that up.