PDA

View Full Version : Interior Surfaces

ObD
03-31-2002, 07:02 AM
I have black cow and the PP

OK, I know the seats, steering wheel, armrests, and pieces of the doors are leather.

1) Is the dash top leather? :dunno:

2) Are there pieces on the doors which are vinyl? :dunno:

3) Are the sun visors vinyl or leather? :dunno:

I'm trying to figure out what is leather and what is vinyl so when the time comes to treat them I use the proper product. :angel:

TIA

in_d_haus
03-31-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by ObD
1) Is the dash top leather?

No, it is Vinyl.

2) Are there pieces on the doors which are vinyl?

The majority of the door panel is leather however there are vinyl pieces. The entire top portion (windowsill) as well as the door tray is vinyl. The leather pieces are the armrest pad and the insert that covers the majority of the door.

3) Are the sun visors vinyl or leather?

They are vinyl.

In general you should be able to tell the leather from the vinyl because its softer and more pliant. In the rear the same pieces are leather as the front as well.

Hope this helps,
Haus

awd330
03-31-2002, 08:59 AM
How about the material surrounding the base of the shift knob and the emergency brake handle? These are leather, right?

ObD
03-31-2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks haus, that is what I figured. I could also use the "sniff" test but my nose is so used to the leather smell now, I doubt if it that will work. :D

ObD
03-31-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by awd330
How about the material surrounding the base of the shift knob and the emergency brake handle? These are leather, right?

Yes, I know these are leather too.