PDA

View Full Version : MY04 X5 thoughts...

SARAFIL
10-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Just a few thoughts about the '04 X5:

-Toledo Blue, Sterling Grey-- two awesome colors. They looks great!

-"Truffle Brown" interior is very nice-- similar to the Natural Brown (black rugs, dash, door panels, with only the leather inserts and seats in contrasting color). It is a bit darker than Natural Brown, though-- more of a chocolate color. I like it, and I think it'll become a popular interior color. Very elegant.

-Clear rear turn signals on all models

-Front turn signals are "1/2 clear"; they still have an amber section where the reflector is, but it's not entirely amber like some previous models.

That's all.

Kaz
10-13-2003, 05:26 PM
What's hitting first? 04 X5 or the X3? I was somewhat surprised to learn yesterday, while HACK was stealing the Z4, that X3s will be in within a month or so. I had assumed that it was a spring intro. They gave me an overview brochure to look at.

I'm not into SUVs but I drive what this thing may displace, so I have a mild interest in it.

The HACK
10-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Sterling rocks. Toledo was WEIRD, I think some may like it...It's one of those tricky colors that shift hues under different lighting conditions. I didn't think it looked that good on the Z4 but I always thought it looked sharp on the 5 series, so perhaps it will look good on the X5 as well.

Mr. The Edge
10-13-2003, 05:55 PM
What's hitting first? 04 X5 or the X3? I was somewhat surprised to learn yesterday, while HACK was stealing the Z4, that X3s will be in within a month or so. I had assumed that it was a spring intro. They gave me an overview brochure to look at.

I'm not into SUVs but I drive what this thing may displace, so I have a mild interest in it.

I think demos hit next month. Apprently there was one running around Austin for Oktoberfest, but I missed it :mad:

Dr. Phil
10-13-2003, 06:04 PM
I think demos hit next month. Apprently there was one running around Austin for Oktoberfest, but I missed it :mad:
:slap: :nono:

Can't we count on you for anything :dunno:

SARAFIL
10-13-2003, 06:21 PM
:slap: :nono:

Can't we count on you for anything :dunno:

X3 demos will be out the week of Thanksgiving. 2004 X5's are at dealers now, and are already available for retail. One of the ones we got is our GM's demo, and the others are available. The first X3 we get, on the other hand, will be a demo only, and we can't sell it. We won't get any units available for sale until the early spring.

I shouldn't say anything yet, because it isn't official, but we are hoping to get an X3 early (as well as a 6er) to display at our customer appreciation event in early November. :dunno: I'll let you guys know if anything comes of that.

Jimmy325
10-14-2003, 12:43 PM

Yes, demos will be at BMW of Austin week of Thanksgiving.

Ayn and I drove to Hyatt Friday night to check out the X3 and the 645, but they were gone. We saw about a million E30, E36, and E46 M3s there though hahahahaha.