PDA

View Full Version : Is XM truly commercial-free?

Raffi
10-15-2003, 07:21 PM
I thought it was 100% commercial-free, but I just looked up some user reviews on Circuit City's website when checking out their equipment prices, and most people who rated XM units complained about the annoying comercials. :confused: Is it true? TD? JST? Anyone? :dunno:

SpaceMonkey
10-15-2003, 07:34 PM
They have some commercials on some music stations, but not all of them. But the commercial time on the stations that have them is relatively short (maybe 2 minutes per hour?).

All of the TV feeds (ESPN, CNN, CNBC, Fox, etc.) have commercials.

They used to list the commercial stations on their site here (http://www.xmradio.com/programming/full_channel_listing.jsp?sort=number), but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. They do have a pdf file that shows which channels have commercials, and which don't. It's too big to upload here, but it's on the page I linked to above.

I love XM. I never listen to radio anymore.

Kaz
10-15-2003, 08:19 PM
XM has both commercial-sponsored and commercial free channels. Sirius' native channels are all commercial-free. Both rebroadcast other parties' stuff which have commercials in them.

I listened to XM and Sirius' 80s music channels for several days some time ago, and the XM one was commercial-laden wheread Sirius was totally commercial free and also played better stuff. If I ever decide I listen to music enough in the car to justify getting this, I'd get Sirius.

SergioK
10-15-2003, 09:49 PM
I thought it was 100% commercial-free, but I just looked up some user reviews on Circuit City's website when checking out their equipment prices, and most people who rated XM units complained about the annoying comercials. :confused: Is it true? TD? JST? Anyone? :dunno:

The X5 that will be at the TS on Saturday has one of those satellite radios... i just can't remember which one. You can ask Geoff about it.

Raffi
10-15-2003, 10:28 PM
The X5 that will be at the TS on Saturday has one of those satellite radios... i just can't remember which one. You can ask Geoff about it.

Cool, thanks! :thumbup: