PDA

View Full Version : Nominations: 2 Moderators needed for the detailing forum.......

Clem
04-01-2002, 10:18 AM
Make your nominations here.

Nominations and Votes (to made later on today) by members on appropriate moderators for this forum.

I have 2 in mind but I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.

Nominees can also reject nomination

eugeneDC/TX
04-01-2002, 10:21 AM
alee and rip?

DougDogs
04-01-2002, 10:22 AM
Rip and Alee..Who else comes close to their collective knowledge:dunno: :dunno:

ALEX325i
04-01-2002, 10:34 AM
Al and Rip... I'm pretty sure they'd do a great job.

Guest84
04-01-2002, 11:20 AM
Why, I'm honored for the nominations!

FYI, I rarely read/post on the week-ends, I'll give ya one guess why...:)

Edit: My nominee would be Alee!

in_d_haus
04-01-2002, 11:27 AM
I'd give it a shot... Rip is buried in a "Honey do" list on weekends.

Guest84
04-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
I'd give it a shot... Rip is buried in a "Honey do" list on weekends.

Ehh, no. Bimmer-do list! ;)

Dr. Phil
04-01-2002, 11:33 AM
I'd go with the favorites as well......Al "I'll clean under my car cover any day of the week" Lee and Rip "Don't leave home w/out your Speed Shine and towelettes" snort:D

Alex Baumann
04-01-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT
I'd go with the favorites as well......Al "I'll clean under my car cover any day of the week" Lee and Rip "Don't leave home w/out your Speed Shine and towelettes" snort:D

You crack me again :D:D:D

Oh ! The nominations :

In the OCD category - Al
In the PC torture category : Ripsnort

Mike 325xi
04-01-2002, 11:55 AM
I have to go with the front runners too...

Al just because he is F'n nuts :lmao: Anyone who would lift up one corner of his car cover at a time on a rainy day to detail his car deserves the job!!

And Rip just because of the shine on his car and his willingness to give out all of his secrets and his entire routine in step by step instructions. But I still think that Rip rubbed Olive Oil all over his car in that one picture where it is so shiny that it looks wet :lmao: But hey, if tha tis a detailing trick that gets those results then more power to him!! :thumb:

Guest84
04-01-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Mike 325xi
But I still think that Rip rubbed Olive Oil all over his car in that one picture where it is so shiny that it looks wet :lmao: But hey, if tha tis a detailing trick that gets those results then more power to him!! :thumb:

Yeah, I applied it nekkid too, should have seen the cute Wife that lives across the street gather her child up quickly and go into the house! :eek:

:)

Alex Baumann
04-01-2002, 11:59 AM
But I still think that Rip rubbed Olive Oil all over his car in that one picture where it is so shiny that it looks wet

:lmao: I admit I thought about that too :D

vexed
04-01-2002, 12:07 PM
:dunno: Who is so obsessed with the appearance of their car to forsake all other normal activity....hmmm.:confused:

Who spends more on detailing supplies than on rent?

Who cringes at dirt (hint it is like kryptonite to him).

I too must go with Alee and Rip. For different reasons. Al is just mental, and Rip having bought a black car in Seattle, well he is mental too. :D

But they have tried almost every product/applicator out there.

And if they are the moderators hijacking will be strictly prohibited.:(

Kaz
04-01-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by vexed

And if they are the moderators hijacking will be strictly prohibited.:(

I vote for the notorious duo as well, with the same above condition.

johnlew
04-01-2002, 12:31 PM

And Rip just because of the shine on his car and his willingness to give out all of his secrets and his entire routine in step by step instructions. But I still think that Rip rubbed Olive Oil all over his car in that one picture where it is so shiny that it looks wet :lmao: But hey, if tha tis a detailing trick that gets those results then more power to him!! :thumb:

I like Rip, and I think I know Rip and I consider Rip an "old" friend on the board, but methinks Rip has an awfully high contrast setting in that picture...not that there's anything wrong with that! ;)

johnlew
04-01-2002, 12:32 PM
And my vote goes to Rip and Alee too! :thumb:

Mike 325xi
04-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Ripsnort

Yeah, I applied it nekkid too, should have seen the cute Wife that lives across the street gather her child up quickly and go into the house! :eek:

:)
Yeah...she thought a bald headed Big Foot had emerged from the northwest woods and decided to eat your car with some olive oil flavoring :yikes:

Guest84
04-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by johnlew

.. but methinks Rip has an awfully high contrast setting in that picture...not that there's anything wrong with that! ;)

Well, contrast was at 0, set it to -1(the reflectivity from the sun made the ass-end look like it wasn't there!), then used "sharpen" effects, other than that, its pretty much original!

Here's the uneditted version, see how the back end it almost whited out by the sun? I had to "darken" it slightly (-1) when I originally posted it. I might add its a 640 res pic too, looked even better in person that day! ;)

http://home.earthlink.net/~ripsnort/BMW/BMWp21SBest.jpg

Mike 325xi
04-01-2002, 01:09 PM

Well, contrast was at 0, set it to -1(the reflectivity from the sun made the ass-end look like it wasn't there!), then used "sharpen" effects, other than that, its pretty much original!

Here's the uneditted version, see how the back end it almost whited out by the sun? I had to "darken" it slightly (-1) when I originally posted it. I might add its a 640 res pic too, looked even better in person that day! ;)

I'm sticking with my olive oil theory :rolleyes:

Dr. Phil
04-01-2002, 01:15 PM

I'm sticking with my olive oil theory :rolleyes:
Maybe he could moderate the "Salad Bar" forum:lmao:

Guest84
04-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Maybe he could moderate the "Salad Bar" forum:lmao:

LOL!

Hey, I want to throw out Nate328i and Alee for moderator suggestions, in-d-haus would be good too, but he's gotta expand out of just one product (Griots) hehe! ;)

GTI
04-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Alee and Ripsnort.

in_d_haus
04-01-2002, 04:32 PM
in-d-haus would be good too, but he's gotta expand out of just one product (Griots) hehe! ;)

Hey, I got the P21 paint cleaner... and my water isn't from Griots

in_d_haus
04-01-2002, 04:35 PM

Uh huh! so NOW we see... computer enhanced photo! The car was really dull black BUT ofter a judicious application of Photoshop.... Ta Da! Hell, photoshop could even make YOU look good Rip! (well, maybe...) :dunno:

Guest84
04-01-2002, 04:41 PM
Heh, I don't even know what Photoshop is! That was done on some freeware called "Irfanview". Nice siggy Haus!