PDA

View Full Version : Audio Auxillary input for MY2003 5 series

nealh
10-20-2003, 12:42 PM
For those of you using the aux. audio inputs is the sound quality good...I looking to add one to play audiobooks and have the casette HU replaced with indash cd (so I can get the satellite radio unit)

audiobooks on tape do not require HIFI quality but just a clear input...

Are you happy

thanks

OBS3SSION
10-21-2003, 05:11 AM
I run my XM tuner thru the AUX input. I'm very happy. It's close enough to CD quality to me... and with the road and engine noise of a car, anything better is a waste.

nealh
10-21-2003, 05:41 AM
I run my XM tuner thru the AUX input. I'm very happy. It's close enough to CD quality to me... and with the road and engine noise of a car, anything better is a waste.
Thanks audio books require less quality than that...

LordByron
10-21-2003, 11:23 AM
For those of you using the aux. audio inputs is the sound quality good...I looking to add one to play audiobooks and have the casette HU replaced with indash cd (so I can get the satellite radio unit)

audiobooks on tape do not require HIFI quality but just a clear input...

Are you happy

thanks

I installed the AUX input myself, its easy to install and I use it everyday I have my MP3 player hooked up to that and also I use my XM tuner for longer drives... can't beat that!!!! get it its worth it!

nealh
10-21-2003, 11:58 AM
I installed the AUX input myself, its easy to install and I use it everyday I have my MP3 player hooked up to that and also I use my XM tuner for longer drives... can't beat that!!!! get it its worth it!

thanks

dbrock
10-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Where is the aux input for a 2003 325i? In the trunk or something? I haven't really looked, just bought the car.

citiboi
10-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Yeah.... like, WAY. I use the AUX for my iPod.... and, to my ears, it sounds as good as my CD player. You should have no problem with it. For such a cheap and easy install, the AUX input is way worth it!

BMW530iGUY
10-29-2003, 06:09 AM
and it sounds great. The install was pretty easy. I have my XM Commander connected to the AUX Input using a radio shack rca to audio input adapter.

Other than the wire colors on the instructions being wrong it connected fairly easily. I was supriised how easy it was to pull of the electronics, radio etc. from the BMW.

I didn't mount mine, I placed it in the glove compartment along with the XM tuner box.

LordByron
10-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Where is the aux input for a 2003 325i? In the trunk or something? I haven't really looked, just bought the car.

You have to install it yourself... they never were able to add-it, you have to go to the dealer order the part ask them to do it for you or you can do it yourself, do a search for AUX INPUT here and you'll find the DYI's on how to do this, its real easy to do, I did it myself.

good luck

BMW530iGUY
10-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Aux Input Kit for a 2003 E39 systems>>>
$34 & shipping or tax, part# 82 11 0 149 390

A fairly easy do it your self job. I was able to do it based on the information received from this and other boards.

Once installed..you hit the MODE button and you now have AUX listed.

I didn't want to do the FM MOD thing so this was an easy/best alternative for me

dbrock
10-30-2003, 08:15 PM
You have to install it yourself... they never were able to add-it, you have to go to the dealer order the part ask them to do it for you or you can do it yourself, do a search for AUX INPUT here and you'll find the DYI's on how to do this, its real easy to do, I did it myself.

good luck
Thanks for your help, I'll check it out.

dbrock
11-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Aux Input Kit for a 2003 E39 systems>>>
$34 & shipping or tax, part# 82 11 0 149 390

A fairly easy do it your self job. I was able to do it based on the information received from this and other boards.

Once installed..you hit the MODE button and you now have AUX listed.

I didn't want to do the FM MOD thing so this was an easy/best alternative for me

Thanks for the info. Any idea if it will work on an 01 E38? I used the FM modulator for the XM in my big car and it isn't nearly as clear as the direct hook up I have in my suburban......actually I started picking up crossover from a spanish radio station yesterday, and now it sounds like caca! ......I haven't been able to find anything on an E38 in the archives.

LordByron
11-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the info. Any idea if it will work on an 01 E38? I used the FM modulator for the XM in my big car and it isn't nearly as clear as the direct hook up I have in my suburban......actually I started picking up crossover from a spanish radio station yesterday, and now it sounds like caca! ......I haven't been able to find anything on an E38 in the archives.

It would not work it only works MY03 and newer models (i think) for older radios u might need to the blitzsafe or the RCAInput.. u can do a search here there are lots of info about this....

dbrock
11-04-2003, 01:00 PM
It would not work it only works MY03 and newer models (i think) for older radios u might need to the blitzsafe or the RCAInput.. u can do a search here there are lots of info about this....
OK, thanks...good to know, I've seen some stuff on the blitzsafe.