PDA

View Full Version : Bombed by birds

jw
04-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Orient Blue isn't the only bad color. It seems Florida birds have a liking for Steel Blue. Must remind them of the coastal waters. :(

Got bombed by a bird and it was probably on the paint for about 6 hours baking in the sun. The worst part was my own idiocy. In a panic at a gas station I used the back side of a window squeegee to clean the bird crap. So now not only do I have a stain from the bird poop, but I've got some swirls from where I used the stupid nylon sponge to clean it.

The car has some old layers of Zaino. Nothing applied recently. What's the best way to deal with the stain? Should I clay bar the spot, or do I have to do it to the whole car? Any suggestions for the swirls? I'm hoping I didn't do permanent damage. But if it's been done, I probably deserve it.

alee
04-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jw
What's the best way to deal with the stain? Should I clay bar the spot, or do I have to do it to the whole car? Any suggestions for the swirls? I'm hoping I didn't do permanent damage. But if it's been done, I probably deserve it.
Best thing to do is to just let it breathe. If you have paint cleanser, use that, but you will need to give it time to let the acids evaporate from the paint.

Once you're done, then worry about the swirls. Z5 works well, or if you're on a carnuba regimen, use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and then wax.

Golfman
04-01-2002, 08:27 PM
FAO Alee - when you say paint cleanser do you mean Z7 for Zaino users?

TIA

alee
04-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Golfman
FAO Alee - when you say paint cleanser do you mean Z7 for Zaino users?

TIA
No, there is an actual "paint cleanser" product. Zymol has one, Pinnacle has one, and I believe the P21S paint prep is also a cleanser.

The closest that Zaino has is clay, which isn't really appropriate for this type of problem.

Ishmael
04-01-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by alee

No, there is an actual "paint cleanser" product. Zymol has one, Pinnacle has one, and I believe the P21S paint prep is also a cleanser.

The closest that Zaino has is clay, which isn't really appropriate for this type of problem.
Which paint cleaner do you think would work best on carbon black? I've nevered used any and want to make sure that I don't mess up. Thank you for any help you can provide Al.

alee
04-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ishmael

Which paint cleaner do you think would work best on carbon black? I've nevered used any and want to make sure that I don't mess up. Thank you for any help you can provide Al.
I have an old thing of Zymol Paint Cleanser (HD Cleanse or something like that). That seems to work just fine. The key is not to rush ... work on a 2x2 area, and move on to the next quadrant, etc.

For the most part, there isn't much to be nervous about with the consumer paint care products. Just don't rush and you'll be fine.

Ishmael
04-01-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by alee

I have an old thing of Zymol Paint Cleanser (HD Cleanse or something like that). That seems to work just fine. The key is not to rush ... work on a 2x2 area, and move on to the next quadrant, etc.

For the most part, there isn't much to be nervous about with the consumer paint care products. Just don't rush and you'll be fine.
I will give it a try. But should I wait for a few months or do it right away?

Mike 325xi
04-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ishmael

I will give it a try. But should I wait for a few months or do it right away?
Like a state worker's job it will probably never get done :rolleyes:

Dr. Phil
04-01-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike 325xi

Like a state worker's job it will probably never get done :rolleyes:
Hey now lay off the state worker jokes:mad:

I'm still working on stuff for tomorrow as I type;)

Mike 325xi
04-01-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Hey now lay off the state worker jokes:mad:

I'm still working on stuff for tomorrow as I type;)
Feeling a little schizophrenic tonight Phil?? :lmao:

Dr. Phil
04-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike 325xi

Feeling a little schizophrenic tonight Phil?? :lmao:
Damn I thought I hid those personality disorder test results:cry:

Wait til you see tomorrows project:yikes: I've been working with my new associate and this one is going to be a classic:thumb:

vexed
04-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Damn I thought I hid those personality disorder test results:cry:

Wait til you see tomorrows project:yikes: I've been working with my new associate and this one is going to be a classic:thumb:

The pine tree girl?:D

Dr. Phil
04-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by vexed

The pine tree girl?:D
Shhhhhhh.....we don't want sir moderator to hear about his little project:D

If you only knew the things I can do, I have a network of associates in many fields. One even works in the airline industry, another on the docks in NY, and Uncle T.......oops can't go there:confused: