PDA

View Full Version : Which wires are power and...

BMW530iGUY
10-24-2003, 06:13 AM
which are accessory on the BMW wiring harness for a 2003 530i (NO NAV, NON DSP radio).

I am going to hook up an new XM Commander system and was wondering if I could get a heads up on which color wires I will need to hook these 2 wires up to.

I am planning on hooking up an XM Commander system using the pre outs connected to a Radio Shack plug that converts the RCA Plugs into the audio adapter that fits into the aux input cable I should be receiving from Crevier.

If anyone interested in pics let me know and I will post some...hopefully this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

ObD
10-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Should be power underneath the center console for the factory cell phone. A voltmeter would be able to determine the live wires. There is also 12v power to the flashlight in the glove box.

BMW530iGUY
10-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Hadn't thought about that. That would make my install even easier!. Thanks for the tip.

Should be power underneath the center console for the factory cell phone. A voltmeter would be able to determine the live wires. There is also 12v power to the flashlight in the glove box.

BMW530iGUY
10-29-2003, 07:17 AM
I hooked my XM Radio up to the wires for the cell phone. I found a power and an accessory power wire in the harness under the armrest. I was installing the euro armrest at the time so it worked perfectly to wire up the XM radio to that harness.

Thanks for your tip. It made my install that much easier and now I am enjoying XM radio via my newly installed AUX Input.