PDA

View Full Version : Question with Blitzsafe adapter and MY 03 530i..

nealh
10-27-2003, 08:30 AM
I am looking at adding this adapter to allow for auxillary audio input to add a satellite radio..I do not have indash cd player I swapped to cassette HU

I do have a cd changer..how does one switch from aux input and cd changer ? How do you change what cd you are listening too...

I went to Logjam electronics and this what there site says

It will work with, or without a CD Changer connected. Pressing the "Up Disc >>" and the "Down Disc <<" switches between the CD Changer and the Auxiliary input device.

what up/down disc switch..on my MID you change disc by hitting button below disc 1..2..3..4..5..6

Any help would be great

OBS3SSION
10-27-2003, 08:53 AM
Are you getting the BMW aux adapter? If so, you just use the source button (FM/AM/CDC/TAPE) to change to it. Once hooked up, the AUX option becomes available in the source rotation.

Edit: I'm sorry, I read your post too quickly and didn't realize you said you can't use the BMW aux adapter because of the tape HU. I guess I don't have an answer for you.

nealh
10-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Are you getting the BMW aux adapter? If so, you just use the source button (FM/AM/CDC/TAPE) to change to it. Once hooked up, the AUX option becomes available in the source rotation.

Edit: I'm sorry, I read your post too quickly and didn't realize you said you can't use the BMW aux adapter because of the tape HU. I guess I don't have an answer for you.
Thanks..unfortunately going to the tape was a mistake and the dealer was clueless on the options for audiobooks...so I swapped..now I find this HU is not as good as the the indash cd...but to go back(they will reswap) I need to buy the Sirius receiver from the dealer and have them install it...pretty pricey

So I may just go the FM modulation route..so much cheaper

Pinecone
11-01-2003, 05:04 AM
You can use a BltizSafe adapter like others have done. But it doesn't work with the BMW CD changer, you need to get the Alpine version of the changer (same mounts). But BlitzSafe makes adapaters with simple Aux inputs, and versions to interface directly (digitally) to seveal aftermarket sat radio setups.

nealh
11-01-2003, 06:45 AM
You can use a BltizSafe adapter like others have done. But it doesn't work with the BMW CD changer, you need to get the Alpine version of the changer (same mounts). But BlitzSafe makes adapaters with simple Aux inputs, and versions to interface directly (digitally) to seveal aftermarket sat radio setups.

Blitzsafe does make an adapter that will work with a cd changer

Nick325xiT 5spd
11-01-2003, 06:48 AM
Check this out...

I need to figure out if it's possible to install a 2003 head unit in my car.

nealh
11-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Check this out...

I need to figure out if it's possible to install a 2003 head unit in my car.

pretty sure others have done it done...look for posts from F rizzo

Nick325xiT 5spd
11-01-2003, 06:50 AM
I know a 2003 head unit will go in an '02...

The question is whether or not it'll work in an '01.

Pinecone
11-02-2003, 05:06 AM
Blitzsafe does make an adapter that will work with a cd changer

Read again, the BlitzSafe does not work with the BMW OEM changer. It will work with the Alpine normal version of the same changer.

They use different busses. It seems that BlitzSafe figured that most people would probably want to spend less for the Alpine version versus the BMW version. And those who already have teh BMW version can sell it for more than the Alpine version will cost.

nealh
11-02-2003, 07:40 AM
NOT FOR USE WITH DSP SYSTEMS (except X5)

Congratulations and thank you for purchasing the BMW/ALP DMX V.1 electronic converter. The most advanced converter available for BMW radios (1996-2003) to alpine CD changers. This electronic interface converter is the only converter that will allow the BMW (1996-2003) Becker or Alpine radios to interface with the alpine CD changers.

Compatible BMW Models: 3 Series (1996-2003), 5 Series (1996-2003), 7 Series (1998-2001), Z4 (2003), All X5 even DSP models (2000-2002)

Compatible Alpine Models: Alpine CHA-S601, CHA-611, CHA-620, CHA-630,

Compatible Alpine models with use of Alpine part# KCA-130B: CHA-604, CHA-614, CHA-634

the above is off the Blitzsafe website..so the cd changers listed above do not match the BMW OEM..changer??

If so I am guess I am mistaken ...

Sorry... I emailed Blitzsafe and told them my equipment and they said it would work...HMMM

The email is below and I was understand the impression it would work with an Alpine or oem changer from the email...

That will work if you need to add an alpine CD changer as well. If you do not need to add a changer. The part # BMW/ALP DMX V.1

Thanks,
Christian Rodriguez
BlitzSafe Technical Support
techsupport@blitzsafe.com
201-569-5000 800-597-SAFE
Fax: 201-569-5042
----- Original Message -----
To: techsupport@blitzsafe.com
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 7:51 AM
Subject: CD auxillary adapter for 5 series BMW

Sorry I placed the wrong part number sorry...

Hi. I own a 2003 530i BMW with NO NAV or DSP. I have the casette HU not the indash cd player with a cd changer in the trunk.

Do you know if this adapter will work:
BMW/ALP DMX V.1D

How much is the adapter?

When a device is connected to the adapter, how does it work?

Thank you

Neal Honickman

Pinecone
11-02-2003, 06:48 PM
The BMW OEM CD changer is an Alpine unit, but it runs a different interface bus. M-Bus versus I-Bus, IIRC.

They seem to have a new unit that is called a dual, but they are not available yet, according to the website earlier today, so not much is know. hat version MAY allow a BMW change to work.

But again, no big deal. There is an Alpine model tat is the exact same as teh BMW changer, except for the bus. I uses teh same mounts, and is cheaper than the BMW version. It is even cheaper than what you can sell your OEM changer for on eBay. :)

Nick325xiT 5spd
11-02-2003, 07:11 PM
Dammit, I meant to post a link in this thread...

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=12688