PDA

View Full Version : Not only is the clock off...

Kaz
10-28-2003, 01:47 PM
...the auto DST detect doesn't work. I had to turn DST off manually to get it within the 20 mins the clock is off.

Spiderm0n
10-29-2003, 07:31 PM
...the auto DST detect doesn't work. I had to turn DST off manually to get it within the 20 mins the clock is off.

still off...

Terry Kennedy
10-29-2003, 09:48 PM
...the auto DST detect doesn't work. I had to turn DST off manually to get it within the 20 mins the clock is off.Are you sure? Maybe the board clock is off by 40 minutes the other way? :D

I've given up trying to badger the management into fixing this - the server runs on Linux, so NTP is available. Therefore, there must be some non-technical reason why the management declines to do anything about it.

However, given the software versions in use here, somebody could probably "sneak in" and fix this problem if they wanted to.

Jon Shafer
10-29-2003, 10:08 PM

What is auto DST detect??
:dunno:

alee
10-29-2003, 10:13 PM
It would help if they upgraded the board software.

And setting the system time is a no brainer. :banghead:

Terry Kennedy
10-29-2003, 10:17 PM
What is auto DST detect??
:dunno:
Look in your User Profile / Options page:

Jon Shafer
10-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Is DST Daylight Savings Time?

Terry Kennedy
10-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Is DST Daylight Savings Time?Yes.

operknockity
10-29-2003, 11:52 PM
the server runs on Linux, so NTP is available.
There are also a few free NTP apps for Windows, too. Lemme see... the one I have is called NetTime.

Terry Kennedy
10-30-2003, 12:17 AM
There are also a few free NTP apps for Windows, too. Lemme see... the one I have is called NetTime.
Sure. But the point I'm making is that NTP was included in the Linux release they got - no software to download or install, it only needs to be turned on. And they still didn't do it, despite repeated suggestions by a number of folks.

operknockity
10-30-2003, 01:10 AM
Sure. But the point I'm making is that NTP was included in the Linux release they got - no software to download or install, it only needs to be turned on. And they still didn't do it, despite repeated suggestions by a number of folks.
Understood. And I agree. It's a no brainer, really... So why have the powers that be actually turned it on. :dunno:

I was merely suggesting that it is only 1 extra step to get an NTP client for Windows if the board were running on such a machine. In fact, I think WinXP might even have a built in NTP client, which if true, would make it just as simple as a Linux machine vis-vis time synchronization is concerned. Since I'm running lowly WinME on my reuglar home machine, I needed to go out and get the NTP client off the web.

phrider
10-31-2003, 10:19 AM
Still off....

Mr. The Edge
10-31-2003, 10:20 AM
Understood. And I agree. It's a no brainer, really... So why haven't the powers that be actually turned it on. :dunno:

SergioK
11-04-2003, 03:19 PM
This topic has come up time and time again, pun intended. :p

If my machines get off by more than 1 minute it starts to annoy me. Let's see... I'm showing exactly 1:56pm.