PDA

View Full Version : trouble installing cd changer

pittisus
10-30-2003, 09:22 PM
I have a 95 325i convertible. I am trying to install a tr1003 alpine changer. It is one of the bmw changers built for this car. When iti is connected, the changer does not power up and the head unit does not recognize the changer. Any have experience with this installation? I put a volt meter on the wires that terminate in the trunk and get no voltage. The changer was not connected at the time of the check but the radio was on. Not sure if power goes to the trunk without cd connected.

malcomhawk
11-12-2003, 03:47 PM
I have a 95 325i convertible. I am trying to install a tr1003 alpine changer. It is one of the bmw changers built for this car. When iti is connected, the changer does not power up and the head unit does not recognize the changer. Any have experience with this installation? I put a volt meter on the wires that terminate in the trunk and get no voltage. The changer was not connected at the time of the check but the radio was on. Not sure if power goes to the trunk without cd connected.
I am installing the same unit in my 318i. When I conected the power and control lines my radio started going off and on. Then I disconnected power to the head unit and reentered the anti-theft code. The radio came back on and then I could select the CD by pressing BAND. But then the headunit display just said "CD" then "ERR". I thought this thing was supposed to be just plaug and play. Wish I could help us both.

amoroso124
10-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I have a 325ic and am planning on getting a BMW cd changer (model # tr1003) and wanted to know what I needed to do to get it working. I gather I have to type in the anti-theft code somehow, but not sure how or what else I need to do.

Yours,
Tony V.

pittisus
10-04-2004, 07:33 PM
I did not have to enter the code for the radio when I installed the changer. The radio was already in the car and worked. I just added the changer.

The problem I had was with the connector for the changer. I was not getting power to the changer. I cut off the plug from the car and the plug from the changer and put new ones on it. The thing worked fine after that. I am assuming that your car is prewired for the change like mine was. It had a box in the trunk where the changer was to be mounted.

Jim