PDA

View Full Version : Dsc Is It Really Effective?

dbcinfinity
11-02-2003, 01:23 AM
Just wondering...
Is the DSC button the X5 really effective? Should I leave it on ALL the time when it rains/snows? Thanks....

Also...what the heck is this hill descent control?

FireFly
11-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Just wondering...
Is the DSC button the X5 really effective? Should I leave it on ALL the time when it rains/snows? Thanks....

HDC slows the wheels and keeps them from slipping when going down an icy/snow covered hill. For me, it works incredible but I only use it to get down my driveway and on a steep hill at the ski mountain.

SupraRZ
11-10-2003, 03:15 AM
Just wondering...

You're in LA what are you worrying about? what rain? what snow? :)

I've done some cornering with and without DSC, and so far, I find that the car works better with it on... Probably because it applies the brakes to maintain the line. The car understeers like no other even with the gas pedal all the way down.

However one thing DSC does that I'm not used to yet, is the fact that when I corner, I anticipate understeer and so I counter steer before it occurs (by turning in more)... And then when the DSC taps the brakes on the inside wheels, all of a sudden you see me in the inside lane. Now imagine that scenerio while doing 55mph on a freeway onramp :angel: