PDA

View Full Version : wind noise

tototisha
11-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Has anyone had problem with wind noise? I took it to dealer and they said that's normal. They told me that they test drove another X5 and had same wind noise(yeah, right). It does not come from sunroof. Am I being too sensitive or you guys have same problem? On a X5 review, whoever test drove X5, he/she stated X5 was very quiet.
Thanks for your time.

suzer
11-05-2003, 05:52 PM
For what it's worth, I think my X5 is very quiet.

Since your dealer said they test drove another X5 and decided your noise was "normal," can you test drive another and see if that's so?

AndDown
11-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Have you been able to pinpoint the wind noise? Do a search on this board and also on the Roadfly board about this. It could be coming from your windshield wipers not sitting low enough or from the driver side rear view mirror. For the former, IIRC, just lifting and repositioning the wiper did the trick. As for the rearview mirror, there's not much you can do as it's the wind whistling around the mirror. My X does not seem to have this windnoise (I don't have a sunroof either, which might or might not make a difference :dunno: )

bten
11-07-2003, 05:18 PM
I find alittle wind noise from the sunroof. it goes away if I close the liner panel.