PDA

View Full Version : Damn I need a good audio installer in Tampa, FL

nealh
11-05-2003, 06:55 PM
I had an agreement with an High end installer in Tampa, FL but after I got there to buy the equipment and set an install time the sales guy spoke with the install manager and the labor cost went from $600 to $900 since I "bought my equipment elsewhere"

I had an agreement with the sales person for a the labor cost...I really wanted this palce to do the install but I have serious issue with a place that I get an agreed price then the install manager says that price will not be honored.....the place have been in Tampa for over 30yrs(they currently are working on a Rolls, Porcshe 911...

My equipment to install:
front component speakers, an amp
sub with a cory lista like enclosure for E39

damn..I wanted to get this done

Now the sales fellow who has tentaively sold me equioment(I took my money back) has offered to do the install with 2 other guys from the shop at night at his home shop...(he has put in numerous systems and has a audio product company) for the agreed price....I just have a funny feel

I feel I should just walk a way and start over....but with who

CWolfey
11-09-2003, 07:43 PM
I had an agreement with an High end installer in Tampa, FL but after I got there to buy the equipment and set an install time the sales guy spoke with the install manager and the labor cost went from $600 to $900 since I "bought my equipment elsewhere"

I had an agreement with the sales person for a the labor cost...I really wanted this palce to do the install but I have serious issue with a place that I get an agreed price then the install manager says that price will not be honored.....the place have been in Tampa for over 30yrs(they currently are working on a Rolls, Porcshe 911...

My equipment to install:
front component speakers, an amp
sub with a cory lista like enclosure for E39

damn..I wanted to get this done

Now the sales fellow who has tentaively sold me equioment(I took my money back) has offered to do the install with 2 other guys from the shop at night at his home shop...(he has put in numerous systems and has a audio product company) for the agreed price....I just have a funny feel

I feel I should just walk a way and start over....but with who

Dont do it!

If something goes wrong or gets damaged there is nothing to make them pay for your car. You need to have a company behind the job or you could be screwed over. Plus I think thats a lot of money also for just front components and an amp..unless your saying they will make a box also for the sub.

nealh
11-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Dont do it!

If something goes wrong or gets damaged there is nothing to make them pay for your car. You need to have a company behind the job or you could be screwed over. Plus I think thats a lot of money also for just front components and an amp..unless your saying they will make a box also for the sub.

the install costs included a fiberglass sub enclosure..they want $600 to build it...I said no way...

No I agree I will only go with a stor to do the install

thanks for the advice