PDA

View Full Version : Deep Sea Blue vs Monaco Blue

BLUE550
04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Up until now, I thought my car was Monaco Blue because it matches with M.Blue on the booklet! (Got it as CPO recently)

But was told that it's actually Deep Sea Blue.

Dumb me.

I ordered a touch-up stick for Monaco Blue to touch up some minor scratches but now I will have to get Deep Sea Blue instead :(

Can people with DSB and MB post pictures?

This is how mine looks like...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=228276&stc=1&d=1272674223

zen68
04-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Deep sea blue

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388670

Here is my X5 in Monaco Blue.

djfitter
04-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Up until now, I thought my car was Monaco Blue because it matches with M.Blue on the booklet! (Got it as CPO recently)

Dumb me.

I ordered a touch-up stick for Monaco Blue to touch up some minor scratches but now I will have to get Deep Sea Blue instead :(

If yours is Deep Sea Blue, it will have a paint color label on the passenger side of the engine compartment (above the wheel) that looks like this.

dj

ajaiello
05-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Strange, my 550i is Monaco Blue but looks more like yours than that X5.

gcreese
05-01-2010, 05:07 AM
From the picture, I think yours is Deep Sea Blue. Monaco Blue is more of a navy, so it will look almost black in some light.

Kamdog
05-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Monaco blue is blue in bright light and almost black on a dim day, and black at night.

Z4luvr
05-01-2010, 09:00 AM

Dumb me.

Depending on the light, they can look very similar. Your picture looks like Monaco Blue to me, but its all in the lighting. I saw a deep sea blue car at the dealer the other day and was surprised at how dark it was. Seems to me that it was just one shade lighter than Monaco Blue.

There are subtle differences, but here are many of the blue BMW colors from light to dark (not sure about some in the middle relative to others):

Atlantic, Maldives, Neptune (kind of green), Montego, Lemans, Estoril, Interlagos, Mystic, Deep Sea, Monaco, Sapphire Black, Jet Focking Black :p

BLUE550
05-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys.

Checked my engine compartment and indeed it's Deep Sea Blue. I do love the color on my car - not too bright and not too dark - so doesn't matter what shade of blue it is but glad to confirm this. At least I can get the right touch-up stick :)

Will checkout Monaco Blue when I hit the dealership next time... Just to know the difference.

TAmes
05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys.

Checked my engine compartment and indeed it's Deep Sea Blue. I do love the color on my car - not too bright and not too dark - so doesn't matter what shade of blue it is but glad to confirm this. At least I can get the right touch-up stick :)

Will checkout Monaco Blue when I hit the dealership next time... Just to know the difference.

Sounds like you already figured it out, but one clue from your original post is that the 550 M-sport package didn't come in the Monaco Blue color. I know this because as much as I love my Carbon Black 550, I would have gone with Monaco Blue if it were available!

Deep Sea Blue is a great color, too. It looks bright blue in the sunlight and deeper blue in the shade (which explains your confusion!)

DTC-OFF
05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
If yours is Deep Sea Blue, it will have a paint color label on the passenger side of the engine compartment (above the wheel) that looks like this.

dj

mine says "schwarz 2"....whats that mean?

djfitter
05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
mine says "schwarz 2"....whats that mean?

Jet Black 2

dj

yahtzee
05-03-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.jackyboy.com/bmw_dsb.jpg