PDA

View Full Version : CD Player does not have Sound!

BMW86Jeffy
05-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey guys, do anyone know why the CD player can stop playing the music/sound? I can put in the Disc, it goes to the CD mode. I can see the seconds moving as if it's playing, but NO sound? I can go back to the radio and the sound comes on??? Did I accidentally push something off? I do know about the little button on the console/dash that you can push to mute your music. But that's not it! I put in another CD disc and the same thing, NO sound. Go back to radio and Sound comes back through the speakers. Any thoughts on this?:dunno:

BMW86Jeffy
05-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Oh,,,, and my BMW is a 2004 BMW 530i

txag_530i
05-04-2010, 06:59 AM
I would first try try taking the unit out and making sure that all of the connections are fully secure.

The beginning part of this post will show you how to take out the CD-Chabger: E60 Denison Gateway (http://forums.5series.net/topic/48749-self-installation-of-dension-gateway-500/)

If that doesn't work, then there might be a fault with the CD-Changer. You can try swapping out the changer with another unit (may be a buddy has one), or changers can be had for about $150 on eBay and in classified ads at various BMW forums. IF you have navigation then you can add either the Denison Gateway or the BMW iPod adapter without having to go to the dealership for coding. May be it is an opportunity for an upgrade! :)

mleerob
05-04-2010, 09:47 AM
You may want to go for the Ipod upgrade instead of having the Cd player repaired.
I never play my CD player now that this car has iPod.
You can have all your CD's put into MP3 format also.