PDA

View Full Version : Leather steering column cover is broken...

kajin99
05-04-2010, 10:00 AM
I recently took my car in to fix some minor issues, (an oil leak from the filter housing, and replacement of the thermostat). When I got the car back, i noticed that the leather cover located just behind the steering wheel (if you remove it you can see the steering column), is now detached. Does anyone know the name of this part? There are 2 tabs that appear to snap the part into place, and they are now broken off. If the dealer is responsible I would like them to replace this part, but im not sure if they would have messed with it to fix my issues. Does anyone know if my issues would have required removing this part (and possibly breaking it)?

mleerob
05-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I recently took my car in to fix some minor issues, (an oil leak from the filter housing, and replacement of the thermostat). When I got the car back, i noticed that the leather cover located just behind the steering wheel (if you remove it you can see the steering column), is now detached. Does anyone know the name of this part? There are 2 tabs that appear to snap the part into place, and they are now broken off. If the dealer is responsible I would like them to replace this part, but im not sure if they would have messed with it to fix my issues. Does anyone know if my issues would have required removing this part (and possibly breaking it)?

I would take it back to them now.
Ask them about it.
Don't accuse them of anything,but ask.