PDA

View Full Version : I just wanna say

gcollins
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
That I friggin LOVE my 2008 535i. I've had it since September of last year and love it more today than the first day I got it!

I see so many negative posts and just wanted to post something positive for a change :-).

Cheers!

mleerob
05-04-2010, 10:17 AM
That I friggin LOVE my 2008 535i. I've had it since September of last year and love it more today than the first day I got it!

I see so many negative posts and just wanted to post something positive for a change :-).

Cheers!

Love my 08 535i Sport also.
My only complaint from day 1 were the run flats.
Now that they are off, all is well.

JerseyGeorge
05-05-2010, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=gcollins;5156498]That I friggin LOVE my 2008 535i. I've had it since September of last year and love it more today than the first day I got it!

Cheers![/QUOTE

Negative post are pretty much normal on forums since this is primarily what forums are for! Discussing and resolving known issues concerning our vehicles!

Nube1kenobi
05-05-2010, 12:41 PM
that i friggin love my 2008 535i. I've had it since september of last year and love it more today than the first day i got it!

Cheers!

+1.

mleerob
05-05-2010, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=gcollins;5156498]That I friggin LOVE my 2008 535i. I've had it since September of last year and love it more today than the first day I got it!

Cheers![/QUOTE

Negative post are pretty much normal on forums since this is primarily what forums are for! Discussing and resolving known issues concerning our vehicles!

Do you have natural brown interior? Or is there another color?
I searched a lot of cars to find a light color interior,on a dark color car.
I had a black leather interior once,and will never again.

gcollins
05-06-2010, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE=mleerob;5160216][QUOTE=JerseyGeorge;5158870]

I had a black leather interior once,and will never again.[/QUOTE

Hi - Yes, I have the natural brown interior that has the two tone in the door (brown with black). I had a jet black 540i E39 with black interior and really liked it but it would get so hot inside the car. With the brown and the tinted windows, it is definitely much better than the black on black.

mleerob
05-06-2010, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=mleerob;5160216][QUOTE=JerseyGeorge;5158870]

I had a black leather interior once,and will never again.[/QUOTE

Hi - Yes, I have the natural brown interior that has the two tone in the door (brown with black). I had a jet black 540i E39 with black interior and really liked it but it would get so hot inside the car. With the brown and the tinted windows, it is definitely much better than the black on black.

Agree.
I had a black leather interior on a C5,and it was hot all summer.
Light interior stays cooler,and I like it.
Also like the contrast of the Natural Brown.
It's different,and that's good IMO.

Munich77
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Ditto here - I love my car :).

dimaria
05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Love my 08 535i Sport also.
My only complaint from day 1 were the run flats.
Now that they are off, all is well.

Am I the only person who doesn't hate their run flats?

gcollins
05-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Am I the only person who doesn't hate their run flats?

Fortunately for me, I bought my car 1 year old used and it didn't have run flats on it! So I can't give any impression on the run flats fortunately.

Ralph III
05-08-2010, 06:40 AM

One good feature which you may not be aware of, you are able to program your car to vent twice a day. I have ours set to vent midday and late afternoon (just before my wife leaves work). 530xi, silver/black

BTW, my nephew and his wife have a '09 535i and love theirs as well. The only issue with car I am aware is fuel pump but only effects a certain percentage (BMW extended the warranty for that particular issue).

God bless

ajaiello
05-08-2010, 07:43 AM
I love my 5 as well! Just can't stand the monthly payment:mad:

jeffbtx
05-08-2010, 02:00 PM
One good feature which you may not be aware of, you are able to program your car to vent twice a day. I have ours set to vent midday and late afternoon (just before my wife leaves work). 530xi, silver/black

BTW, my nephew and his wife have a '09 535i and love theirs as well. The only issue with car I am aware is fuel pump but only effects a certain percentage (BMW extended the warranty for that particular issue).

God blessAs far as I know it only vents one way - in - haven't figure out how system vents the hot air out. I've tried it - does't make much difference when it's 95 outside and 125 inside - best to just open the windows and crank up the A/C until the car cools.

Ralph III
05-08-2010, 03:20 PM
As far as I know it only vents one way - in - haven't figure out how system vents the hot air out. I've tried it - does't make much difference when it's 95 outside and 125 inside - best to just open the windows and crank up the A/C until the car cools.

Jeff, if you are venting fresh air in than air must also be venting out, otherwise car would pop like a balloon at some point, ha. This is the whole purpose of the feature.

We have found it does make a difference and apparently others as well. You may want to try and crack the sunroof for hot air to escape as cooler air draws in from below. No your car won't be cool when hot outside, but it will be cooler.

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2008/05/2008-bmw-x5-48i-automatic-interior-venting.html

take care

jeffbtx
05-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Jeff, if you are venting fresh air in than air must also be venting out, otherwise car would pop like a balloon at some point, ha. This is the whole purpose of the feature.

We have found it does make a difference and apparently others as well. You may want to try and crack the sunroof for hot air to escape as cooler air draws in from below. No your car won't be cool when hot outside, but it will be cooler.

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2008/05/2008-bmw-x5-48i-automatic-interior-venting.html

take careYeah - I figured the "new" air had to displace the "old" air but I bet it "leaks" out and it's not vented out - that would have made it more effective.

Ralph III
05-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah - I figured the "new" air had to displace the "old" air but I bet it "leaks" out and it's not vented out - that would have made it more effective.

Well, you may be right but seems they would have allowed interior air pressure to release somehow. Such as when shutting a car door. I can find no detailed article though.

PolkNole
05-09-2010, 08:29 AM

Cheers!

What's interesting is those that love quoting Consumer Reports about the poor fuel pump ratings never quote Consumer Reports' s data that the 535i has the higest customer satisfaction of any BMW 5.
Well, you may be right but seems they would have allowed interior air pressure to release somehow. Such as when shutting a car door. I can find no detailed article though.

I know it makes a big difference for me. Its in the 90s every day in the summer here and that gadget saves me several brutal minutes of time to cool down.