PDA

View Full Version : Auto vent

mleerob
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Does anyone use this timer?
I just activated it today,because It's getting hot in the afternoons.
Have it set for 4:00 PM,and will see if it's cooled down when I get in to drive home from work today.
Am concerned it will use battery problems,and I do not have a battery tender.

I had been pushing the FOB and cracking the windows, however if it rains, I will have ot go the the parking lot to close them. the FOB does not close. Only opens.

RedDvl33
05-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Have it set for 4:00 PM,and will see if it's cooled down when I get in to drive home from work today.

I had been pushing the FOB and cracking the windows, however if it rains, I will have ot go the the parking lot to close them. the FOB does not close. Only opens.

It works well to jump start getting the car cooler. Just make sure you set it for about 10 minutes before you get in the car and you should be alright.

Battery whise...I wouldn't be too worried about it. I know its got an auto shut off time, I just don't know what it is.

mleerob
05-06-2010, 09:36 AM
It works well to jump start getting the car cooler. Just make sure you set it for about 10 minutes before you get in the car and you should be alright.

Battery whise...I wouldn't be too worried about it. I know its got an auto shut off time, I just don't know what it is.

I will try it 10 minutes ahead.
Even with a light color interior, it heats up,and the AC take a min or so to cool it off.
Nice feature. Never had a car with this before.

SandNs new 528
05-06-2010, 10:03 AM

I've used the timer occasionally on hot So.Cal days without any battery issues - it just runs the fan so the air circulates - I dont know how much real cooling effect it has - have you had your windows tinted? 35% rear and sides has a noticable effect.

HedCase
05-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Use it all the time. I set it to start 10 minutes before I leave work and it gives the AC a headstart on cooling the interior. I leave the sunroof and windows cracked open for a chimney effect. Nice feature that few know about. The fan draw is no big deal on battery drain.

wolfgang0524
05-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I use it off and on when I think about it. It seems to work well and I haven't had any battery drain issues.

x3ronnie
05-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I am waiting for a warm day to even need this:)
Shoot, it snowed here yesterday and has been mighty cool at night.