PDA

View Full Version : Guys help me out on my 545i purchase :)

bimmerguyjoey
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
New guy here. Currently have a 330ci but in the market for a 2004 / 2005 545i Sport.

Spotted this in the city -- 2005 545i w/ 65K miles for $20K.

Good deal?

Black, 4 door, RWD, Sedan, Automanual, 8 Cylinders.
Features: A/C: Front, A/C: Rear, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Airbag: Side, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Fog Lights, CD Changer, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof
Selling Points: Car drives and looks like new. M5 style front bumper, tinted windows. 19' original BMW wheels, HID white angel eyes. LOGIC7 sound, sport& cold packages. Originally sold for over 65K. Have to sell, leaving the country so my loss is your gain. Buying from private party you save $$ on taxes!
Condition: Accident free, powerful and beautiful BMW. Oil changed a month ago in BMW service, car inspected and needs absolutely nothing. FAST AS HELL and real chick's magnet :) If you looking for a new gf you can't go wrong with this car :)) Please email for more pictures.

matt_bmw_lover
05-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Seems overpriced a bit unless it's an SMG or 6-Speed Sport with Navi, Sun Shades, and all the goodies.

Try to buy it for $15K - $16K and you'll be okay.

But nice selling point!

...FAST AS HELL and real chick's magnet :)
If you looking for a new gf you can't go wrong with this car

skylolow
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I think the price is a tad high but not by much. I think if you could get it for about 18-18.5K you got a good/fair deal.

bimmerguyjoey
05-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Heard through the grapevine that the seller is saying he's gotten $21K - $22K offers. Not sure if he's telling the truth or just trying to trap someone.

I think the price is a tad high but not by much. I think if you could get it for about 18-18.5K you got a good/fair deal.

skylolow
05-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Heard through the grapevine that the seller is saying he's gotten $21K - $22K offers. Not sure if he's telling the truth or just trying to trap someone.

Well anyone who would offer a seller more then he is asking is hard to believe. :rofl:

So I won't buy that line from them.

Auction price on that car is 17Kish give or take depending on mileage, condition, and opitions. Chances are he is selling it because the dealership would only give him maybe 15K to 17.5K on trade in value.

Remember his add ons really don't add value. I'm sure in his mind it does and some sellers minds. But generally speaking it does very little to nothing on the open market for the cars value.

If you know this is the car you want. Go offer him like 18.5K or 19K with money in hand to do the deal. It will be hard for him to turn you down. Play up the fact he is leaving the country and needs to sell it.

cac3a
05-07-2010, 01:14 PM
For $15k like someone mentioned earlier you're looking for a high mileage in mediocre condition. I just got mine 545 black/black, manual, 56k, with everything plus CPO until 2011 for $21k on the auction in PA.

I totally love it!

chazmink
05-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Buy from private party and save $$$ on taxes. Not likely. The guy has played his integrity hand. I'd steer away from him. Who knows what else he is willing to misrepresent.

jagu
05-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Buy from private party and save $$$ on taxes. Not likely. The guy has played his integrity hand. I'd steer away from him. Who knows what else he is willing to misrepresent.

Exactly! I prefer to buy from private sellers, especially if it has CPO warranty on it.

carsoncars
05-08-2010, 09:20 AM
auction price is 16-18, retail 20-22, if it is as you described an individual shoud expect to get around 18. i purchased at atl auction an 05 545 62k for 17.7, and options (at auction) do increase the price, i have been in whole sale for 21 yrs, and pay more for loaded cars. the one i picked up had nav, frt rear heated seats. heated steering wheel, park distant control, sport package. hope this helps-carson

bimmerguyjoey
05-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks guys. Looks like the seller still has it so guess all other those other "offers" were just a ploy for me take the bait. LOL.

JerseyGeorge
05-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys. Looks like the seller still has it so guess all other those other "offers" were just a ploy for me take the bait. LOL.

Stand firm! If he's asking 20K and got offers over his asking price it wouldn't be available still! He's FOS.....I would stay at 16K and make him squirm:thumbup: